New member from Southwest Missouri

New member from Southwest Missouri

South West City, MO · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 2 votes

Hello everyone. I've been looking around this site for several weeks now and decided to finally join. A little about myself. My name's Patrick and I am 39 and married. Kids are grown and supporting themselves so it's time to start focusing on us again. My wife and I are focusing on getting some debt paid off but after that we are wanting to start investing in real estate. I am looking to focus on rental property. I plan on using this as a place to invest outside of my 401k. I have no experience and that is why I'm here. 

Our plan has us purchasing our first property at the end of next year. 

I'm sure I am going to have a ton of questions so please be patient with me. I am like a sponge just soaking all the information in. 

2Reply
120 views

Most Popular Reply

Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 515 votes
9y

Hello @Patrick Marsh. Welcome to BP. It seems like a simple thing, but reaching out in BiggerPockets about getting started as a real estate investor is a great first step. Congratulations and I wish you a ton of success.

See this reply in the discussion

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Joplin, MO · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 9 votes
    7y

    @Greg Brake Good meeting you as well! I’m sure we will be seeing each other again.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.