Melyssa Green
  • Damascus, OR
Votes |
Buy and Hold Newbie from Bethel Island, CA

Melyssa Green
  • Damascus, OR
Posted Oct 21 2016, 10:50

Hi all!

After becoming an accidental landlord years ago, I figured it was time to really learn about real estate investing. After several google searches, many of the results were from this BP site. I was literally overwhelmed by the amount of info that was on here. In my early 20s, I’ve always dreamed of having a multiunit. Now enjoying the last year in my 30s, I figured it was time to stop dreaming and just take action.

Born and raised in the Bay Area of California (spending most of my time in the East Bay) with a background in software. I currently work as a Software Build Engineer, along with running/operating a machining business with my husband.

I signed up for the free membership early this year and last night……I took the plunge and upgraded to Pro. I’m SUPER excited, but now out of money to invest. Go figure.

I actually have 3 deals going on right now:

(1) refi /cash-out on my rental (CA)

(2) in the process of purchasing another rental (NC)

(3) an accepted offer on a commercial property (NC) but currently looking for funding for it

Currently focusing on investing in California because I live here, but also in North Carolina because I have a 2nd home there, and just fell in love with the South.

Real Estate Goals:

“Buy and Hold” will be the main focus of this new business. Focusing on SFRs and Multiunits. Once we’ve created enough cash flow that matches my take home pay, then I can finally quit my job and run this business full time. My husband and I actually make a great team when it comes to home upgrades, so we do plan to do some flips in the future.

Looking to continue to meet and learn from others. I’ve met some great people on here already, and appreciate their kindness and guidance. I really enjoy this community and can’t wait to build more relationships.

Loading replies...