Experienced Investor new to Bigger Pockets from Broomfield, CO

Experienced Investor new to Bigger Pockets from Broomfield, CO

Investor · Broomfield, CO · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 2 votes

Hello, everyone! I dove right in on a property I'm interested in over on the Foreclosure forum without properly introducing myself. I'm Johanna Burian from Broomfield, CO. In 2002, I helped establish and continue to help run a buy and hold operation with my parents in Oklahoma City. I am now interested in a distressed property in my neighborhood but am also interested in starting an operation here in Colorado. I am interested both in buy and hold and fix and flip. My husband and I own a fixer upper in Broomfield that we have worked on off and on for the last 3 years. It is our second fixer upper so we have quite a bit of hands on experience. 

1Reply
36 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · Denver, CO · Member since 2015 · 404 posts · 227 votes
9y

@Johanna Burian Most definitely. I lived in Oklahoma for about five years in OKC and Tulsa. Obviously OKC will have a much lower price point and is more of a cash flow market with lower appreciation. Denver will have a mix but much stronger appreciation than OKC.

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 601 votes
    9y

    Hi @Johanna Burian, 

    Welcome to the BP community!  Glad to have you on here. 

  • Lender · Denver, CO · Member since 2015 · 404 posts · 227 votes
    9y

    @Johanna Burian Welcome to Bigger Pockets. It sounds like you already have a solid base of experience from working with your parents. Good luck getting things off the ground here in Colorado.

  • Investor · Broomfield, CO · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Thanks, @Brett 

    @Brett Snodgrass! Funny that you're from Indianapolis. My husband and I lived there for 5 years before moving to Colorado. :)

    Thanks @Jared Bouzek! The markets are so different between OK and CO. I have a lot to learn!

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Johanna Burian

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets.

  • Lender · Denver, CO · Member since 2015 · 404 posts · 227 votes
    9y

    @Johanna Burian Most definitely. I lived in Oklahoma for about five years in OKC and Tulsa. Obviously OKC will have a much lower price point and is more of a cash flow market with lower appreciation. Denver will have a mix but much stronger appreciation than OKC.

  • Deborah BurianPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 412 votes
    9y

    Welcome from OKC!

  • Investor · Broomfield, CO · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    I also live in a fixer-upper in Broomfield.  Welcome!

  • Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2015 · 96 posts · 55 votes
    9y

    Welcome to BP! Feel free to connect.

    Lots of resources, too... tomorrow there is a Happy Hour at The Barrel on N Western. Check the event section for details as well as other meetups.

    Best of luck!

  • Investor · Broomfield, CO · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Thanks for the invite @Theresa Nicoletto but I'm in Colorado now. 

    @Jared Bouzek, how funny that you've made the same move. It's interesting talking to my family in OKC about real estate. It's like we're on different planets. :)

  • Dan MackinBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Erie, CO · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 512 votes
    9y
  • Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 601 votes
    9y

    That's great @Johanna Burian . Did you do any investing here then?

  • Investor · Broomfield, CO · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    @Brett Snodgrass Nope, we owned a fixer upper but no investment property there. We didn't really have the resources at the time. Too bad, since we lived there during and after the crash. 

  • Real Estate Agent/Investor · Erie, CO · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    Welcome to BP!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.