Experienced Agent & Property Manager Trenton Princeton New Jersey

Experienced Agent & Property Manager Trenton Princeton New Jersey

Real Estate Agent · Princeton, NJ · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes

Greetings. I'm Natalie Vane. I'm an investor and real estate agent in Trenton / Princeton New Jersey NJ. My mother, Linda Vane, is a fantastic real estate broker in the Washington D.C., Fairfax, Arlington, Northern Virginia Area. I own a multi-family property in Reston, VA and manage several single-family homes. I've been a house hacker in the past. I earned a MBA from Wharton in Real Estate in 2015 and earned a Professional Engineering license in Civil Engineering / Construction in 2013. In my spare time, I design websites and help small businesses market themselves. I would love to manage more properties for people - I hate inefficiency and vacancy! I joined BiggerPockets because I saw it on iTunes and I have been listening for a few months. I love the Podcast.

3Reply
67 views

Most Popular Reply

Matt FairclothPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Trenton, NJ · Member since 2014 · 136 posts · 155 votes
9y

Thanks for the shout out Odie and Steven Chatto.  Natalie we run the SJREIA meeting in Princeton each month.  It's a local network to the trading area you are looking to build a business in so I highly recommend it.  Unfortunately you just missed the last meeting in Princeton for the year, but SJREIA has a great holiday party next month, you should look to attend.

We also do management in Mercer County but only manage deals for other people when we had a hand in the initial renovations, like a turnkey.  perhaps we can connect as I do get potential referrals for management that don't fit our wheelhouse, I would consider forwarding them to you.  of interested send me a PM.

Take care

Matt

See this reply in the discussion

21 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2016 · 56 posts · 40 votes
    9y

    Great to heat Natalie. I am myself a full time investor in Trenton/Hamilton area and am looking for a property manager in the Trenton area to manage many properties for me. Do you have any experience in the managing Trenton properties if I may ask?

  • Rental Property Investor · South Jersey, Cherry Hill and nearby areas · Member since 2015 · 932 posts · 67 votes
    9y

    welcome to Bigger Pockets!

  • Union City, NJ · Member since 2016 · 79 posts · 13 votes
    9y

    Welcome to BP @Natalie Schanne !

  • Wholesaler · Trenton, NJ · Member since 2016 · 62 posts · 9 votes
    9y
    Naum Raz you should contact @stephen chatto with Good Vibes Real Estate Solutions. They are a well recommended Property Management company in Trenton.
  • Real Estate Agent · Princeton, NJ · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Naum Raz I would be delighted to Skype or chat with you about my high quality service and property management experience. I have a great track record with fast leasing (<15 days vacant on average) and rent collection (100% over 7 years). Cheers.

  • Rental Property Investor · Carlisle, PA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 543 votes
    9y

    @Natalie Schanne, congrats on graduating Wharton and welcome to BP.  Good luck up in NJ!

  • Specialist · Delran, NJ · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 951 votes
    9y

    Welcome @Natalie Schanne! The podcasts are great I've been through all of them and most multiple times. There's so much knowledge to be had there alone! Have you been to an SJREIA meeting? You sound like a perfect candidate! I haven't been myself but am planning on checking them out within the next two months as the feedback I've gotten on them is too great to ignore. Also @Liz Faircloth and @Matt Faircloth of podcast#88 are key members and great people and also in the Trenton area so you might reach out to them as well. Best of luck to you on your burgeoning real estate career!

  • Real Estate Agent · Princeton, NJ · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Odie Ayaga Awesome advice. Thank you! Hope to see you at SJREIA. (I also learned some interesting things at Philadelphia DIG Diversified Investor Group).

  • Rental Property Investor · Yardley, PA · Member since 2012 · 436 posts · 198 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Naum Raz:

    Great to heat Natalie. I am myself a full time investor in Trenton/Hamilton area and am looking for a property manager in the Trenton area to manage many properties for me. Do you have any experience in the managing Trenton properties if I may ask?

     Naum,

    Nice to meet you!  I am also a full time investor in Trenton/Hamilton/Ewing!   I would love to meet up with you and talk shop when you are in town.  

    Thanks, 

    Stephen Chatto

  • Rental Property Investor · Yardley, PA · Member since 2012 · 436 posts · 198 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Odie Ayaga:

    Welcome @Natalie Schanne! The podcasts are great I've been through all of them and most multiple times. There's so much knowledge to be had there alone! Have you been to an SJREIA meeting? You sound like a perfect candidate! I haven't been myself but am planning on checking them out within the next two months as the feedback I've gotten on them is too great to ignore. Also @Liz Faircloth and @Matt Faircloth of podcast#88 are key members and great people and also in the Trenton area so you might reach out to them as well. Best of luck to you on your burgeoning real estate career!

     I second that on Matt and Elizabeth Faircloth!   They are people you need to know if you are investing in Trenton and the surrounding areas!  

  • Specialist · Delran, NJ · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 951 votes
    9y

    @Natalie Schanne yes I've heard of DIG and hoping to look into them as well. Glad to see you've reached out to them and had a positive experience!

  • Matt FairclothPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Trenton, NJ · Member since 2014 · 136 posts · 155 votes
    9y

    Thanks for the shout out Odie and Steven Chatto.  Natalie we run the SJREIA meeting in Princeton each month.  It's a local network to the trading area you are looking to build a business in so I highly recommend it.  Unfortunately you just missed the last meeting in Princeton for the year, but SJREIA has a great holiday party next month, you should look to attend.

    We also do management in Mercer County but only manage deals for other people when we had a hand in the initial renovations, like a turnkey.  perhaps we can connect as I do get potential referrals for management that don't fit our wheelhouse, I would consider forwarding them to you.  of interested send me a PM.

    Take care

    Matt

  • Real Estate Investor · New Hope, PA · Member since 2014 · 193 posts · 113 votes
    9y

    Welcome Natalie! Matt and I are happy to be a resource to you - anyway that we can help! And many sincere thanks @Stephen Chatto and @Odie Ayaga for the mention!  Matt and I appreciate that very much! 

    I just want to also reiterate that Stephen Chatto is a wonderful resource in Trenton/Mercer County as well (as mentioned above). He is a phenomenal wholesaler.  He also has experience in landlording, buy and hold, property management, and many other things. He has a meet up monthly in our office building located at 354 S Broad St Trenton NJ. 

    Good luck to you, @Natalie Schanne and let me know off line if we can help in anyway! Again, all the best to you!! :)

  • Real Estate Investor · Arlington, VA · Member since 2016 · 84 posts · 26 votes
    9y

    Welcome @Natalie Schanne! I'm getting my salespersons license and am about to start interviewing brokers in a week or two for the DC/VA/MD area, is your mother particularly investor friendly/minded? What brokerage is she at?

  • Investor · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    Side comment, does any one have a god handyman they can recommend in Mercer County?

  • Real Estate Agent · Princeton, NJ · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Andrew Bolton - depending on the level of ongoing service you need, I've been really successful at hiring people off craigslist - gigs - skilled trade / labor for x amount of cash. I use that person again if I like them. I let them go quickly if I don't. 

    Note - to get the most replies, show a picture of the job, a clear location and clear contact info. Clearly describe the job to be done in keywords people might search. Budget can be $10-20/hr plus materials. 

  • Investor · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    thanks @Natalie Schanne, can you PM me if there are any you have had success with multiple times.  Also, I'm looking to team up with folks in the Princeton area, let me know if you want to chat some time.  Have a great weekend.

  • Rental Property Investor · West Orange, NJ · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    Hello Bigger Pockets my name is Mike, Im new to investing. Looking to possible partner with someone on a good deal in the Trenton area ?

  • Member since 2019 · 37 posts · 9 votes
    6y

     @Natalie Schanne:

    I know this post is old however I was wondering if you have purchased investment properties in Trenton yet? If so, what has been your experience? Any tips? My husband and I are looking to BRRRR multi-family properties in Trenton.

  • Member since 2019 · 37 posts · 9 votes
    6y
     @Mike Parker:

    Hello Mike - I know this post is old however I'm wondering if you have closed on any deals in Trenton? If so, what  type of properties did you buy? How has your experience been so far? My husband and I are also looking to invest in Trenton.

  • Real Estate Agent · Princeton, NJ · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Rashonda Montgomery - I've been investing in Ewing NJ next to trenton. The rental market is really strong. I recently looked at a 3000 SF duplex-rowhome in Trenton that cost $110k-125k and rents for $2500/mo between the 3/2 and 2/1 units. If you might be interested in deals like this, let me know. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.