• DFW
Votes |
Fresh noob from Dallas, Texas

Harrison Sharp
  • Real Estate Broker
  • DFW
Posted Dec 4 2016, 18:24

Hey BP, 

My name is Harrison Sharp and I'm a 100% noob that is looking to get started in investing in Dallas or surrounding suburbs. I recently discovered BP and have been listening to as many episodes I can and have started reading as much about real estate as in my spare time as well. 

My primary areas of interests as of now are SFR rentals, multi family rentals, and potentially house hacking. I currently live with 3 other room mates with our lease being up at the end of August and was thinking about trying to a find a multi family to house hack and live in with one of my current room mates while renting out the other side. If I'm not able to find anything I would continue to rent and look to buy and rent out both sides but don't really know of any good resources of where to start or what is profitable or how to determine what makes a property profitable in Dallas.

Additionally, my grand father owns a bunch low income properties in south Dallas and he is about to pass away. The properties are run by a manger but if my parents don't want to take those over then I wold be interested in learning as much as I can now and maybe one day step in. 

I just turned 25 and am currently a CPA at a B4 accounting firm but realize I do not want to work those hours the rest of my life and would genuinely enjoy working for myself managing property and renting. The goal is to eventually quit my job as it becomes feasible to do so. Have about 25k saved up with no debt and am putting as much into savings and the market as possibl and my plan is to continue to learn as much as possible in the next 8 months before my lease is up and figure out where the deals are. 

Thanks for your time! 

Loading replies...