New to real estate investing- Ocala, Florida

New to real estate investing- Ocala, Florida

Ocala, FL · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 2 votes

Hello all,

I am 27 years old, currently employed as a System Administrator at a medical facility in Ocala, Fl. I am looking to begin investing with a multifamily home(preferably 3-4 units) in the area using an FHA loan, or possibly a SFR that can be converted to a multifamily home using a 201k loan. Idea would be live there for a year, refinance, and use a new FHA to acquire another property, rinse repeat(hopefully?). Currently attempting to factor in all expenses including management and maintenance into calculations on deals and still have positive cash flow. I am looking to eventually meet up with active real estate members in the area. Once my feet are wet, I plan on possibly getting into house flipping on the side.

I will live in the Ocala, Florida area for at least another year and hope to maximize the time here, and being fairly centrally located in Florida, could have opportunities to invest in other locations around the state. End goal is expanding my portfolio and diversifying the types of property in different regions, in an attempt to secure my retirement and eventual financial freedom.

Any connections, associates, partners, friends to be made along the way are much welcomed, as are any advice, tips, tricks, pointers, etc. Feel free to get in contact with me, add me as a colleague, I am always interested in talking and discussing things, even if you are not in my area/region.

Check out my profile for more background info.

If you made it to the bottom of this post,

Thanks for reading, I hope to hear from you about your experiences and advice!

*Disclaimer* I am new to real estate investing, very interested in the idea of house hacking, and while I may sound overly optimistic, I am more and more understanding the risk associated with real estate, and will do my best to cover all points of due diligence before jumping in. This post is not meant to solicit, nor is it asking / requesting for a mentor, if you reach out to me it is because you have read my post / profile and would like to talk more with me.

1Reply
25 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Ben Owens

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets. Make sure to check out the very informative blogs.

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs

  • Ocala, FL · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    @Mark Nolan - Thanks for the good tip, there is so much information here to read, watch, listen and absorb. What a wealth of knowledge and experience. So many different approaches and niches, it is hard to keep on track at times. Like the podcasts, I want to hear them all from beginning to end in that order to get the feel of how things have grown, developed, evolved, and how our hosts have learned and prospered along the way. Buuuut... on my way scrolling through them, one of the many great titles may catch my eye and I end up out of order. Either way, amazing opportunities exist here. 

    I am glad I came across this place thanks to @Account Closed posting good advice on a popular generic forum(not advertising it, but it was Q***a), and steering people away from some of the shysters that have accumulated over there. 

    Keep up the good work everyone, and best wishes in all of your endeavors!

  • Investor · Bushnell, FL · Member since 2016 · 456 posts · 224 votes
    9y

    @Ben Owens.. Thanks for the plug my friend from Q^%#a ..lol.. hey did you see the last message I sent you .. theres a Marion County Real Estate Investors meeting every 2nd tues of the new month at Comfort Inn at 200 and 75 .. it starts at 6:30 i think .. I hope to make it to this month .. there is also a BP meeting this month in the Orlando area  around the 28th i think .. you can find out from @Account Closed he helps organize it .. i have mussed everyone since it started and i was part of the think tank when we came up with the idea of having local  BP members meet .. its a little far for you and I but I myself really want to make the next one .. that being said , i am not opposed to trying to organize another one closer to us ..say Wildwood area or something like .. for Bp members and their guests ..just a thought .. i am almost 45 mns away from Ocala and 1hr from Tampa also a hr from Orlando .. it would be nice for me to have somewhere closer .. anyway .. let me kniw if you can go to the mcrei next Tues .. I'll meet you there ..its free the first time and then annual fee is like $40 .. which is one of the least expensive .. ok bye, bye for now and as always .. 

    God Speed,

    Michael Short ..

  • Ocala, FL · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    @Account Closed , Yes I will be there. I had started investigating it a week or so ago and had not been able to find much definitive information regarding if it was actually active or not. The Orlando gig would be great, not positive I could make it, but I will keep it on the radar. It would be nice to have some additional BP meetups a bit more north, maybe we could drum something up for North Central Florida.

  • Real Estate Agent · Colorado Springs · Member since 2017 · 73 posts · 9 votes
    9y

    @Ben Owens do you have the ability to purchase properties all cash?

  • Ocala, FL · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    @Jose Falconett

    Yes, we have the ability to buy cash, as long as it meets certain criteria. 

    Let me know if you have something in mind, or just want to talk.

    Looking forward to hearing from you.

    ---I had thought this was posted 11 days ago through phone, but I guess reception rejected the submission

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.