New Investor Looking to House Hack in North Jersey

New Investor Looking to House Hack in North Jersey

Fair Lawn, NJ · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Hello, my name is Wes. I'm a 24 year old mechanical engineer, and I am a looking to start investing in my first real estate property. I want to house hack a 3/4 plex using a FHA loan in Northern Jersey. I'm currently looking around the Paterson, NJ area.

1) I am looking for guidance on the best way to find a quality deal/a reliable real estate agent to advise me with my search.

2) Since this is my first property I have never acquired a loan for purchasing property. Should I find a lender that is willing to work with me and then find the property, or should I find the property I am interested in and then work to find the lender?

Any additional advice that will help me with this endeavor is welcome.

1Reply
28 views

Most Popular Reply

Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
9y

@Wesley Howell

Welcome to Bigger Pockets. A great resource is the webinars section of the website. https://www.biggerpockets.com/proreplay

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.