New future invester from Georgetown Texas (near Austin)

New future invester from Georgetown Texas (near Austin)

Georgetown, TX · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 4 votes

Greetings !!!

My name is Ricardo and I have been reading and studying about single family and multi family rentals. I would like to thank everyone who has shared all there valuable information with us newbies. Thank you so much to Brandon turner and Josh Dorkin for there podcast and knowledge. 

I'm currently paying done my debt and selling items to grow funds for purchasing income producing assets. I am currently reading and enjoying the book "Set For Life" by Scott Trench. 

I have been working in the paint industry for the last 13 years. That job gave me the opportunity to talk to people who actually do this for a living and it amazed me how simple yet not easy rental properties are, and I would like to join you all! 

Thank you again!

& wish me Luck! 

I'm going to need it .

3Reply
21 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Coach · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2015 · 431 posts · 235 votes
9y

Welcome--it is competitive around here, but its also a "forgiving" market. A decent deal can turn into a good one with the appreciation in play. 

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2016 · 361 posts · 394 votes
    9y

    Good luck!

    But it's not about luck! :)

  • Georgetown, TX · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 4 votes
    9y
    Thanks ! I figured a little good luck couldn't hurt .
  • Investor · Leander, TX · Member since 2016 · 296 posts · 402 votes
    9y

    You're going to need it in your market.

  • Georgetown, TX · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    Cory did you mean Austin Market ? i was figuring Texas as my Market. I have property in Seguin TX that I'm not doing much with Leander or Hutto could be interesting.

  • Investor · Leander, TX · Member since 2016 · 296 posts · 402 votes
    9y

    Yes, the Austin market, Leander, Cedar Park, Round Rock, Georgetown, etc. the competition is fierce, or at least it was when I was making a go at it a few years back. I got out bid every property. Hope you do better than me. I'm happy out of state with a fraction of the property tax burden.

  • Real Estate Coach · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2015 · 431 posts · 235 votes
    9y

    Welcome--it is competitive around here, but its also a "forgiving" market. A decent deal can turn into a good one with the appreciation in play. 

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    9y

    Hey @Ricardo Juarez welcome to BiggerPockets!

  • Georgetown, TX · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    Great info Cory. The taxes are most defiantly on my radar.  Hi Jeremy thanks for the welcome. Great info as well. Hopefully I can prepare and educate myself enough to capitalize on what the market does offer me. Forgiveness is good, cash flow for me we would be better :) but I am patient. Many thanks 

    Wow! Mr @Brandon Turner thank you its great to meet you!  I've been trying to absorb as much knowledge as you guys put out there. Sincerely Thank You. I love the energy you bring to your videos and podcast. awesome stuff ! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.