New member from Ellicott City MD

New member from Ellicott City MD

Ellicott City, MD · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 5 votes

Hello BP family! My name is Alvaro and I am currently an engineer in construction management who is looking to dive headfirst into the world of real estate with the goal of departing from my current full time gig, and hustle 24/7 in the real estate investing world.

Thanks for checking out my post!

4Reply
87 views

Most Popular Reply

Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
9y

@Alvaro Zumaran

Welcome to the BP family! Good to have you here!

Here are some recommendations for you:

Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet
Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing
Check out BP Podcasts: http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/category/podcast/

Wishing you the best!

See this reply in the discussion

36 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    9y

    Welcome to BP @Alvaro Zumaran

  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    9y

    Hello @Alvaro Zumaran, welcome to the site! It's great to have you here. Feel free to ask any questions in the forums. Seeya around!

    BiggerPockets
  • Rental Property Investor · Catonsville MD · Member since 2015 · 136 posts · 44 votes
    9y

    Welcome! We lived in Howard County for 20 years! Where are you planning to invest?

    Laura T.

  • Ellicott City, MD · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 5 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Laura Tokgozoglu:

    Welcome! We lived in Howard County for 20 years! Where are you planning to invest?

    Laura T.

     Hello Laura,

    My plan is to invest within a 20 mile radius: if I can find any multifamily units and/or rehab some row homes in Baltimore city.  Any advice? Thanks in advance!

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    9y

    @Alvaro Zumaran

    Welcome to the BP family! Good to have you here!

    Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet
    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing
    Check out BP Podcasts: http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/category/podcast/

    Wishing you the best!

  • Ellicott City, MD · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 5 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Dmitriy Fomichenko:

    @Alvaro Zumaran

    Welcome to the BP family! Good to have you here!

    Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet
    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing
    Check out BP Podcasts: http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/category/podcast/

    Wishing you the best!

     Thank you very much, Dimitri - I really appreciate the guidance and help!

  • Ozzy SirimsiBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 782 votes
    9y
    Welcome Alvaro Zumaran There are many investor from Baltimore in BP Ask questions, ask help if needed, I am sure you will also be great help. Good Luck
  • Bernard ReiszPro Member
    CPA delivering RE Tax Tools: 1031 Exchange, SDIRA, 401(k), Cost Seg · New York City, NY · Member since 2017 · 581 posts · 563 votes
    9y

    @Alvaro Zumaran

    Welcome to BP. You'll find an incredible community with experts on every aspect of real estate investing and - best of luck in meeting those goals!

  • Small Business Owner · Fallston, MD · Member since 2014 · 145 posts · 20 votes
    9y
    Welcome to BP. I'm sure you'll a whole lot. I'm new to RE from Howard county as well.
  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    9y

    @Alvaro Zumaran welcome to BP as Ozzy says there are lot of members from the area here on BP. there are also many investing groups in the area, where you can meet BP members in person. Google REIA or Meetup to find them.

  • Highland, MD · Member since 2015 · 109 posts · 52 votes
    9y

    Welcome to the site! If you need a good home inspector familiar with investing feel free to contact me. 

  • Ellicott City, MD · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 5 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Russell Brazil:

    Welcome to BP @Alvaro Zumaran

     Thank you, sir!  I appreciate the welcome!

  • Ellicott City, MD · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 5 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Laura Tokgozoglu:

    Welcome! We lived in Howard County for 20 years! Where are you planning to invest?

    Laura T.

     Hello Laura! I was originally planning in focusing in a 5 mile radius of Ellicott City - but you know what happens when you tell God your plans....

    So as of now, I am keeping my options open - but I still want to focus on central Maryland.  Right now I am focusing on reading and educating myself before I hop right into it.  Perhaps you can impart some words of wisdom over coffee in the near future?  Thanks and have a great day!

  • Ellicott City, MD · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 5 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Ozzy Sirimsi:

    Welcome Alvaro Zumaran

    There are many investor from Baltimore in BP

    Ask questions, ask help if needed, I am sure you will also be great help.

    Good Luck

     Thanks Ozzy!  Would you be open to getting coffee in the near future?

  • Ellicott City, MD · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 5 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Bernard Reisz:

    @Alvaro Zumaran

    Welcome to BP. You'll find an incredible community with experts on every aspect of real estate investing and - best of luck in meeting those goals!

    Thank you very much Bernard! 

  • Ellicott City, MD · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 5 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Lakshay G.:

    Welcome to BP. I'm sure you'll a whole lot. I'm new to RE from Howard county as well.

     Hi Lakshay! Thanks for the welcome - seeing as how we are both green to this RE world, I think it would be a good idea to set up a discussion over coffee.  Let me know what you think!

  • Olney, MD · Member since 2017 · 24 posts · 13 votes
    9y
    Hey! Welcome buddy. You mentioned you primarily want to do buy and hold or a small flip. What ZIP codes are you interested in?
  • Ellicott City, MD · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 5 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Ned Carey:

    @Alvaro Zumaran welcome to BP as Ozzy says there are lot of members from the area here on BP. there are also many investing groups in the area, where you can meet BP members in person. Google REIA or Meetup to find them.

    Thank you, Ned. I have joined the Baltimore REIA and I plan on attending an upcoming meeting.

  • Ellicott City, MD · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 5 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Kelly R.:

    Welcome to the site! If you need a good home inspector familiar with investing feel free to contact me. 

     Thank you, Kelly!  Let's arrange a meeting in the near future: I'm not going to get any closer to my goals by putting them off.  I really appreciate your help!

  • Ellicott City, MD · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 5 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Tyler Scott:

    Hey! Welcome buddy. You mentioned you primarily want to do buy and hold or a small flip.
    What ZIP codes are you interested in?

     Hi Tyler!  I want to focus on Central Maryland primarily (to be specific: north of DC, east of Frederick, West of Essex, and South of Cockeysville).  Since I am a beginner, I definitely need to start out with some small flips, etc.  Are you able to bestow some words of wisdom on me over coffee in the upcoming week(s)?

  • Fulton, MD · Member since 2017 · 32 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    Hi @Alvaro Zumaran

    Welcome to BP. I'm a newbie to this as well and hopefully we can meet up at the Baltimore REIA.

  • Upen PatelPro Member
    Lender · Nationwide Lender · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 814 votes
    9y

    Hi! @Alvaro Zumaran and @Eric Jan Welcome to BP.

  • Rental Property Investor · Catonsville MD · Member since 2015 · 136 posts · 44 votes
    9y

    Hi Alvaro,

    I would love to meet for coffee, however I now live in South Carolina! But if I come back into town I will let you know! I think the place you plan on investing depends on your budget. If you can swing it, Clarksville, Columbia, Dayton, West Friendship, Ellicott City, Glenelg, Glenwood, all have great schools and are very popular places to live. If you could find a fixer upper and if you are handy you would do well. If your budget does not allow for those places you might look at Savage, North Laurel, Elkridge, Sykesville. After that, perhaps Baltimore on the other side of Ellicott City, (close to historic Ellicott City) or perhaps Catonsville. Greg Kinnear is a great Real Estate Agent if you need one! Hope that helps and good luck in your future endeavors!

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    9y

    Welcome to BP

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2016 · 26 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    Welcome to BP! I am sure you'll find this community as helpful as I have. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.