Newbie Investor in Greensboro, NC

Newbie Investor in Greensboro, NC

Jason ColemanPro Member
Real Estate Agent · Greensboro, NC · Member since 2017 · 200 posts · 161 votes

Hey Bigger Pockets!

Just wanted to take a second to introduce myself. My wife and I have decided to pull the trigger on becoming landlords. We are from Maryland originally but ultimately chose Greensboro and the Carolinas to be our home. We own (or rent from the bank) our home here in Greensboro but we are looking forward to researching the market and purchasing our first buy and hold rental property. We have a decent amount of capital set aside for this endeavour so we are ready to go. We are interested in the BRRRR method. We'd like to get a SF, Duplex, Triplex, or Quad under our belt by the end of 2017 if possible. We are working with a real estate agent in the area and so far it looks promising. Currently searching for a good contractor and a CPA. Also does anyone happen to know of a real estate networking group around the Triad area? Again, can't wait to get started. I've been burning through real estate and investing books like crazy. Semi-Passive income is definitely the goal. I have a mentor that's been showing me the ropes but if there's anybody looking to grab some coffee and network I'm down. I'll help out others that are serious about real estate however I can. You can never know enough people especially in this space. Thank you Brandon and Josh for everything you do. The podcasts and website are both great! I enjoy the calculators too. They make the analysis part way easier. Let's do this. I'll be checking into BP daily to soak as much info as possible. In the meantime happy hunting : )

Jason Coleman

2Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Clemmons, NC · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 1 vote
9y

Hi @Jason Coleman.  My wife and I just settled over in Clemmons, NC and are looking to get started as well.  We love the triad as well and I don't ever want to leave.  We are already self employed, but I want a new gig for diversity sake.  Not sure how we can help each other out as yet, but open to ideas.  If nothing else, good luck!

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    9y

    Hello @Jason Coleman, welcome to the site! Feel free to jump in the community here and also take advantage of the treasure of knowledge here.

    BiggerPockets
  • Conway, SC · Member since 2012 · 114 posts · 44 votes
    9y
    Jason Coleman Welcome to BP!!! Is your agent Investor friendly? I contacted an agent with a company up there and nothing but crickets... my children live in Greensboro, love it there. Downtown is awesome. Good Luck!
  • High Point, NC · Member since 2012 · 17 posts · 1 vote
    9y
    Hi Jason and welcome. You might want to check out triadreia.org.
  • Clemmons, NC · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Hi @Jason Coleman.  My wife and I just settled over in Clemmons, NC and are looking to get started as well.  We love the triad as well and I don't ever want to leave.  We are already self employed, but I want a new gig for diversity sake.  Not sure how we can help each other out as yet, but open to ideas.  If nothing else, good luck!

  • Ozzy SirimsiBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 782 votes
    9y

    Welcome to BP!!!

  • USA · Member since 2017 · 102 posts · 62 votes
    9y

    @Jason Coleman Glad you decided to join us. 

  • Investor · Sierra Vista, AZ · Member since 2016 · 15 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Hi Jason. Welcome.

    My husband and I are new to Greensboro and learning the market - gotta hustle! We are going to close on our first deal in a couple of days. Would love to visit with you and your wife. Message me if you are interested.

    Good Luck.

  • Jason ColemanPro Member
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Greensboro, NC · Member since 2017 · 200 posts · 161 votes
    9y
    Thanks for all the feedback. We really appreciate it. Searching for our first deal : ) Send me a message if you need anything g. Thanks again.
  • Jason ColemanPro Member
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Greensboro, NC · Member since 2017 · 200 posts · 161 votes
    9y
    Hey Jody send me your contact info when you get a chance. Would love to pick your brain. Interested in hearing about your first deal. We're away this weekend but maybe sometime next week?
  • Greensboro, NC · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes
    9y
    Welcome to the triad area
  • Accountant · Greensboro, NC · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 6 votes
    9y

    Greensboro is an amazing city!! @Jason Coleman I have experience as a property manager in GSO, and I can say there are some definite opportunities here.  Let me know if you'd ever want to grab some coffee.  Always happy to connect to real estate minded people.  Same goes to anyone else in the area!!

  • Investor / Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 73 posts · 36 votes
    9y

    Welcome to BP!

  • Investor · Greensboro, NC · Member since 2015 · 54 posts · 9 votes
    9y

    Hey guys, feel free to reach out to me with any questions you may have about Greensboro investment properties.  I am a real estate investor with access to many off market properties via my online marketing, I am a general contractor and a licensed real estate agent ( mainly for access to comps and other properties).  Welcome to BP! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.