Investor in Omaha Looking for Property Management Recommendations

Investor in Omaha Looking for Property Management Recommendations

Omaha, NE · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hi,

We're in the process of purchasing our second investment property in the Omaha area.

Does anyone have property management recommendations?  This specific property is in the Benson area.

We've already been in contact with a couple of managers and would appreciate any feedback from the community before we commit to anything.

Thanks for the help!

Adam

0Reply
32 views

Most Popular Reply

Alan StrongPro Member
Real Estate Broker · Omaha Ne · Member since 2015 · 63 posts · 36 votes
7y
Thanks Scott. Appreciate the kind words. I have been an investor and real estate broker for 15 years. Wow have I made some mistakes. Recently we bought a property management company here in Omaha to create synergy between our investments and our maintenance crews and create cost savings for our portfollio and our investor clients. Always happy to sit down with someone to talk about there strategy, property mangement challenges or maintenance needs. Then get them in the right direction even if that is telling them to go with someone else, in fact we use 3 other PM companies besides our new one. Feel free to reach out anytime.

Originally posted by @Scott Bergmann:

Hi all,

Alan Strong is an investor who is local to Omaha and runs not only a top-notch property management company, but he is also a top notch guy! I tried tagging him in the post but couldn't but click here for the link to his profile and shoot him a message!

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Omaha, NE · Member since 2016 · 34 posts · 24 votes
    9y

    Just out of curiosity: why not do it yourself?

    There's a variety of managers out there in town who can do property management but it's never one size fits all. It is always a question of what you are looking for. I have 1 class C building that my personality cannot deal with so I have a manager that specializes in this product class that does it for me, while the majority of my 16 properties are class A and B properties and those I personally self manage.

    Knowing the reason why may be a better way of pointing you to the right person or answering the question.

  • Omaha, NE · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Thanks for the reply David. 

    We are looking for a manager to help find contractors for some initial work that needs to be done and then the typical tenant screening, calls from tenants, etc.

    We don't have any experience screening/managing tenants or many contacts for contractors. We also don't have a lot of spare time, so we're willing to pay someone else to provide the services. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Omaha, NE · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 9 votes
    9y

    Hey Adam- I started managing properties on my own, once I got large enough, I first used CPM, then moved to Seldin, and have finally found a pretty good solution with DVG Realty. DVG has a good investor mindset, the Broker/owner Jeri owns properties herself and continues to further refine the product she offers. Their accounting is great, their maintenance is reasonably priced, leasing keeps getting better, and the team overall is an awesome group who cares about their property owners interests. The team Jeri is developing keeps getting better and better, and is the best I have experienced in Omaha. I have been with them over two years now, I started them with some of my problem properties in Omaha, then turned my entire Omaha portfolio over to them, and then gave them my Lincoln portfolio. I would highly recommend learning by managing your own properties first, because no one can manage your properties better than you, but if you want someone else to manage, you should go talk to DVG realty. Let me know if you have any specific questions, I am happy to give you my opinion.

    Ben

  • Investor · Lincoln, NE · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    9y
    My wife and I live in Lincoln but started buying properties in Omaha. We started with one company but switched to CPM for a short time before we decided to get out of Omaha and move our investments closer to us. We really had no complaints about CPM and would go back to them if we decide to get back into the Omaha market.
  • Omaha, NE · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 14 votes
    9y

    Ben, can you elaborate on why you kept changing companies before finally landing with DVG Realty?

  • Specialist · Memphis, TN · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    We used CPM, now known as Wistar for our first purchase recently. Sadly we found them to be incredibly incompetent, less than honest when confronted and have nickel and dimed us even after we sold the property to get away from them. Worst PM experience we have had in 4 states over 8 years.

  • Littleton, CO · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 6 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Dean Letfus:

    We used CPM, now known as Wistar for our first purchase recently. Sadly we found them to be incredibly incompetent, less than honest when confronted and have nickel and dimed us even after we sold the property to get away from them. Worst PM experience we have had in 4 states over 8 years.

     Who did you end up using in Omaha?  Are you happy with your choice?  

  • Real Estate Agent · Omaha, NE · Member since 2018 · 42 posts · 26 votes
    7y

    Hi all,

    Alan Strong is an investor who is local to Omaha and runs not only a top-notch property management company, but he is also a top notch guy! I tried tagging him in the post but couldn't but click here for the link to his profile and shoot him a message!

  • Alan StrongPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Omaha Ne · Member since 2015 · 63 posts · 36 votes
    7y
    Thanks Scott. Appreciate the kind words. I have been an investor and real estate broker for 15 years. Wow have I made some mistakes. Recently we bought a property management company here in Omaha to create synergy between our investments and our maintenance crews and create cost savings for our portfollio and our investor clients. Always happy to sit down with someone to talk about there strategy, property mangement challenges or maintenance needs. Then get them in the right direction even if that is telling them to go with someone else, in fact we use 3 other PM companies besides our new one. Feel free to reach out anytime.

    Originally posted by @Scott Bergmann:

    Hi all,

    Alan Strong is an investor who is local to Omaha and runs not only a top-notch property management company, but he is also a top notch guy! I tried tagging him in the post but couldn't but click here for the link to his profile and shoot him a message!

  • Real Estate Investor · Omaha, NE · Member since 2017 · 53 posts · 18 votes
    7y

    I would avoid DVG at all cost.  Worst and most unethical company I've ever dealt with in my life. If you ask around a bit, many other investors in the community would say the same thing.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.