York, PA · Member since 2017 · 27 posts · 13 votes
Hey everybody! I just recently got interested in real estate investing and have been binge watching bp videos and podcasts on youtube every chance I get. I'm looking for multi-unit buildings all over central PA. I'm currently looking at a triplex in Harrisburg itself. If you also invest in Harrisburg, I'd love to hear about your experience. I'd love to network.
Rental Property Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2016 · 653 posts · 769 votes
9y
Welcome Greg! You should find plenty of support if you're on the ground in the midwest. There are plenty of people on BP, like me, who have their eye on the area!
Rental Property Investor · Hummelstown, PA · Member since 2015 · 638 posts · 653 votes
9y
Greg Lott
Welcome to BP! I own a few rentals in the area but not in Harrisburg. I think if you know the neighborhoods well in Harrisburg you can do well. As I'm sure you know there are some war zone areas to be careful of.
Travis Wylie has a few in Harrisburg and he's looking to take on some more I believe!
Feel free to reach out via PM if you have any specific questions, always happy to meet another local investor.
York, PA · Member since 2017 · 27 posts · 13 votes
9y
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. It's good to meet some like minded people, especially in my area. I look forward to interacting with you all as I move forward with my first and future properties.
Rental Property Investor · Mechanicsburg, PA · Member since 2017 · 47 posts · 27 votes
9y
@greg Lott
Welcome to BP! I live in Mechanicsburg. I don't currently have any properties but I have also been consuming as much information as possible over the last few months and now I am actively looking to purchase a multi-family property in Central PA.
Property Manager · 17112 · Member since 2016 · 271 posts · 151 votes
9y
@Greg Lott Welcome to BP! I have a 4 unit and single family in Harrisburg and continuously working on my next deal. I'll be happy to answer any questions you have. I would highly recommend going to some local meetups. There are some good ones in Central PA that are run by some good people and the knowledge and contacts that you'll meet is well worth the price of admission (which is free)!
Enola, PA · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 3 votes
9y
Hi, I'm also from Central Pa and have the investing bug. I've been listening to as many real estate podcasts as I can while reading through the forums. I've working inner city Harrisburg for quite some time. I couldn't see investing my money into Harrisburg city real estate. Currently I'm looking for the right deal to make my first investment. I keep hearing to make your 1st deal a home run. Sounds like great advice but it adds a lot of pressure on that 1st deal.