Newbie from Stamford, CT

Newbie from Stamford, CT

Real Estate Agent · Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 31 posts · 17 votes

Hello BP Community, 

Few words about my background. I currently live in Stamford, CT and have been working in financial services industry for the last 8 years, currently work in Manhattan. I was born in Ukraine, and moved to the states when I was 15yrs old. I have somewhat limited real estate experience in the USA, but I own 2 commercial mixed use properties in Ukraine. So I'm not completely new to the asset class, but I realize I need to learn a ton. 

The reason I joined BP and starting my endeavor in real estate is that I don't see myself staying in corporate world and climbing that ladder. I'm at the stage of my career that if I don't start now, I wound not want to blame myself later for not trying.

My short-term goals: 6m-1yr

Wholesaling: starting direct mail campaign. I'm go to Robyn Thompson RE boot camp in DC from 09/07-09/11 and I have 6 months of coaching with her. I will use this time to learn her strategies, grow my network and developed a base for growth.

By the way any feedback about Robyn Thompson is much appreciated. According to her, she coached Than Merrill, Fortune Builders.

Medium term goals: 1-3yrs.

Get comfortable in residential real estate and slowly go into commercial buy and hold.

In parallel, I'm researching and studying mobile home parks niche, and religiously follow Kevin Bupp and his podcast.

Shout out to my friend and BP member Andriy Boychuk, without him I wouldn't be on BP.

If you live in NYC metro area I would love to meet for coffee/lunch.

Thank you BP for creating this great community of like-minded and driven people!

(P.S. I'm a big Tony Robbins fan and personal development guy)

0Reply
21 views

Most Popular Reply

Rick SantasierePro Member
Real Estate Broker · Granby, CT · Member since 2015 · 695 posts · 317 votes
9y

@Roman Tomkiv. Welcome to BP! There is so much to learn. Glad to see you are taking action. I have heard that the course you are doing is quite costly, I hope you get a decent ROI! Hook up with @Christopher Reid. He is located in Stamford as well and super motivated as well. Good chance you guys can find some synergies.

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Marshfield, MA · Member since 2015 · 15 posts · 8 votes
    9y
    Hi Roman, welcome to BP. This is a great source of information for everything real estate. I'm also looking in the mobile home park space. I'm learning all that I can now through podcasts and readings. Feel free to reach out if you want to connect and talk
  • Real Estate Agent · Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 31 posts · 17 votes
    9y

    Thanks Marc, look forward to connecting with you. Not a lot of people are interested or heard about mobile home parks.

  • Real Estate Agent · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2017 · 74 posts · 29 votes
    9y

    Hi @Roman Tomkiv welcome to the BP community! Hope you learn so much.  I am in the Northern Virginia Market, and not too far from DC.  Let me know if there is anything I can do to add value.  

    Very good goals so far.  Excited to see how your coaching refines them!  Best wishes.

    Ernest 

  • Real Estate Agent · Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 31 posts · 17 votes
    9y

    Hi Ernest, thanks for you encouragement. I see you're a wholesaler, do you have any tips for beginners like myself? Where do you get new leads and potential cash buyers? Thanks.

  • Real Estate Agent · Farmville, VA · Member since 2017 · 116 posts · 32 votes
    9y

    BP is surely a great tool to use. Visiting Local REIs and partnering with mentors who knows the area has been a huge asset for me. There is so many different niches and strategies, so find what's best for you and take advantage.

    Again, BP is literally the best thing for newbies-information from well respected investors.

  • Real Estate Agent · Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 31 posts · 17 votes
    9y

    Thanks @Gregg Hutton. I totally agree, it is difficult to know 100% what niche you want to pursue until you start making your first deals and mistakes.

  • Real Estate Agent · Farmville, VA · Member since 2017 · 116 posts · 32 votes
    9y

    @Roman Tomkiv No problem at all! I'm in the DMV area if you need any help!

    Good luck to you!

  • Rick SantasierePro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Granby, CT · Member since 2015 · 695 posts · 317 votes
    9y

    @Roman Tomkiv. Welcome to BP! There is so much to learn. Glad to see you are taking action. I have heard that the course you are doing is quite costly, I hope you get a decent ROI! Hook up with @Christopher Reid. He is located in Stamford as well and super motivated as well. Good chance you guys can find some synergies.

  • Real Estate Agent · Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 31 posts · 17 votes
    9y

    Thanks @Rick Santasiere. You are probably thinking about the Fortune Builders coaching for $50K, I paid $1,900 that includes materials, 5 days boot camp and 6 months coaching, I think it is pretty reasonable.

  • Real Estate Agent · Stamford, CT · Member since 2016 · 81 posts · 43 votes
    9y

    Thanks for the mention @Rick Santasiere

    Greetings @Roman Tomkiv and welcome to BP!  My wife and I just moved from Stamford into Westport, CT.   I grew here in Fairfield county and know the area well, would be happy to discuss strategy with you.  Shoot me a message anytime.

  • Investor · Staten Island, NY · Member since 2013 · 486 posts · 200 votes
    9y

    @Roman Tomkiv welcome to the family :)

  • Real Estate Agent · Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 31 posts · 17 votes
    9y

    @Andriy Boychuk thank you! I still want that BP t-shirt )

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.