Hello, new investor from Louisville, KY

Hello, new investor from Louisville, KY

Eric SwintPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Toledo, OH · Member since 2017 · 19 posts · 10 votes

Hello BP! 

I am 27 from Louisville, Ky. I am currently renting and looking for my first multi-family property to "house hack". I have been an avid listener of the podcast, and am now just getting into the forums.  I have been analyzing deals using the BP rental property calculator for a few weeks now, and I have been building my network locally. I want to surround myself with as many real estate savvy people locally and across the country as I possibly can.  I am looking to close my first deal in the next 4-6 months.  I have my sight set on a duplex/triplex. I am working full time, and I will be starting my MBA beginning of 2018. I have begun speaking to real estate agents and wholesalers, and have visited a few properties so far. I understand I have only scratched the surface, and I welcome any and all advice. 

I'm really looking forward to connecting with everyone on BP and achieving financial freedom through real estate! 

-Eric

2Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2017 · 56 posts · 39 votes
9y

Hi Eric, 

just wanted to reach out and say Hi. What area of Louisville are you in? I have just found this forum as well, and also looking to purchase my first REI in the next 4-6 months. There are a couple of groups I have found locally, although I have not yet had a chance to attend one of their meetings.

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Daniel HymanBusiness Member
    CPA · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y
    Eric Swint Welcome to the BP forums. Sounds like you are on your way to setting yourself up for success. Good luck!
    My Online Accountant572 Reviews
  • James WilcoxBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Bowling Green KY ~ Lexington, KY · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 601 votes
    9y

    @Eric Swint welcome to REI and the BP forums! It seems you have the right idea. "House Hacking" is a great way to get started in REI. Remember to continue to build out your team of experts and attend the local REIA groups. REIA groups are the best way to connect with those in your area that are investing in real estate. Learn from their success and failures. Good luck in all your future REI ventures!

    REI James w/ eXp Realty54 Reviews
  • Real Estate Agent · Louisville, KY · Member since 2017 · 46 posts · 19 votes
    9y

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets!  It's a great resource for networking and learning! 

  • Real Estate Broker · Louisville, KY · Member since 2014 · 362 posts · 232 votes
    9y
    Welcome to BP. Louisville is a very active REI city.
  • Gilian GegawinPro Member
    Virtual Assistant · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2017 · 236 posts · 38 votes
    9y

    @Eric Swint  Hey Eric and welcome to Bigger Pockets! You stumbled upon one of the best real estate investing sites on the internet! Bigger Pockets is the best way to go when reaching out to experienced investors and getting deals done the right way. Congratulations and I wish you all the best. 

  • Real Estate Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2017 · 56 posts · 39 votes
    9y

    Hi Eric, 

    just wanted to reach out and say Hi. What area of Louisville are you in? I have just found this forum as well, and also looking to purchase my first REI in the next 4-6 months. There are a couple of groups I have found locally, although I have not yet had a chance to attend one of their meetings.

  • Eric SwintPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Toledo, OH · Member since 2017 · 19 posts · 10 votes
    9y

    @Micah Mcarthur

    Hello Micah,

    I'm located in the Butchertown area, and I'm looking for deals mainly east of I65 and in Old Louisville. I have also found a few groups and meet ups in Louisville, but my schedule hasn't aligned yet with any of the dates. Where are you located in Louisville/where are you searching for deals?

    Thanks for reaching out!

    -Eric

  • Real Estate Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2017 · 56 posts · 39 votes
    9y

    I am in the Goose Creek area.   My personal residence is established and almost paid for, so I really dont have an area I need to focus on, I may even look into surrounding areas like Hardin County, Bullet, or others.  Although, I am still learning what to look for, and analyze the deals.   Stock piling cash and knowledge in the mean time

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.