New investor joining the community from Grand Rapids, MI

New investor joining the community from Grand Rapids, MI

Rental Property Investor · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 2 votes
Hey BP community, my name is Eric Tironi and I’m a project manager for a construction management company in Michigan. I have had a long time interest in getting into real estate investing and stumbled upon the BP community through an internet search, I have been hooked on the podcasts ever since. I have gained a wealth of knowledge from the podcasts and a handful of the recommended readings. I am looking to continue my education and feel in order to continue to grow I need to start getting active in all BP has to offer. I am looking to network with other investors, share experiences and continue to expand my skill set. My target market is buy and hold investments in multi family and I look to start on the path to growing long term wealth. I look forward to continuing my journey and learning from everyone here on BP!
1Reply
33 views

15 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Hey @Eric Tironi, welcome to the BP boards! I am trying to become more active in my real estate investing ambitions as well. I just recently moved to the area and would like to "house hack" a duplex in the near future. I found a newer REI meet up through bigger pockets that meets every other Wednesday at a local restaurant. It has helped me get my feet wet and begin collaborating with other, more experienced investors. I can tag you on the events page if you are interested.

  • Investor · Benton Harbor, MI · Member since 2013 · 257 posts · 140 votes
    8y

    Welcome Eric! You and Chris are in a great place to invest. 

  • Paul LeasonPro Member
    Realtor · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2012 · 172 posts · 70 votes
    8y

    Eric, welcome aboard!  BP is great for learning and best of all it’s free!  Happy to meet with you and discuss your specific RE needs over a coffee or beer and share with you some of my experiences, from flees and roaches to prostitutes; house fires to rogue contractors!!!  Have not seen it all yet but have a few under my belt!  That’s he great thing with real estate; you’re always learning something new!!  Reach out sometime. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    I appreciate the reply and welcoming me to the community.@Chris Gregory thanks for the heads up, I would be interested in participating in the meet ups and know others that would be as well. @Marshall Downs do you invest in the GR area? @Paul Leason thank you for the offer, I’ll be sure to keep you in mind!

  • Plattsmouth, NE · Member since 2017 · 75 posts · 28 votes
    8y

    Welcome to the site.  Im a new guy myself and there's so much to learn but it's really interesting stuff.  So many angles to attack this thing, I love it!

  • Investor · Benton Harbor, MI · Member since 2013 · 257 posts · 140 votes
    8y

    Eric, I pretty much stick to the lakeshore, but had a chance to pick up a cheap house in GR 3-4 years ago and wish I did because the prices have really ticked up. I know several investors up that way who are doing cool things and making great profits. If you ever find yourself down in my neck of the woods feel free to reach out

  • Rental Property Investor · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    @Marshall Downs are the ivestors you know on BP?  Or do you think they would be open to me contacting them direct?

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    8y

    @Eric Tironi

    Welcome to the BP family! Great that you joined the site! Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet
    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing
    Check out BP Podcasts: http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/category/podcast/

    Wishing you the best!

  • Beaumont, TX · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    Hi Eric, 

    I just moved up here myself and have similar goals- we just put an offer in on something yesterday.  If I had your background, there are at least a couple properties that I've walked this week that would have been much more appealing.  If you're interested, hit me up and I'll find the addresses. 

    -Joe

  • Real Estate Professional · Rockford, MI · Member since 2015 · 301 posts · 138 votes
    8y

    @Eric Tironi Welcome to BP.  I am a property manager and investor.  If you ever want to sit down to discuss either of those I would be happy to help. 

  • Real Estate Professional · Rockford, MI · Member since 2015 · 301 posts · 138 votes
    8y

    @Joe Gates Congradulations on the purchase.  If you need a property manager, or would like someone to review the numbers during due diligence please check us out.  United Properties of West Michigan. 

  • Investor · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2015 · 28 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    Hi @Eric Tironi, Welcome to BP! I am an Investor here in Grand Rapids and It is a great place to invest! What Construction Company do you work for?  If you have any questions let me know. 

  • Investor · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2015 · 25 posts · 7 votes
    8y
    Welcome! And good to see another from Grand Rapids!
  • Investor · Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA · Member since 2017 · 115 posts · 46 votes
    8y

    Hello @Eric Tironi and welcome to BP.  Bigger Pockets has everything you need from free online educational videos to connecting to other investors, you can't go wrong on this site! You came to the right place.

  • Investor · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2015 · 25 posts · 7 votes
    8y
    Welcome! And good to see another from Grand Rapids!
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.