Newbie from Oklahoma City/Edmond OK area

Newbie from Oklahoma City/Edmond OK area

Edmond, OK · Member since 2017 · 16 posts · 7 votes
Hello everyone, my name is Michael Pendleton and I am extremely new in this industry. I am currently trying to absorb as much as I can so I can progress down the buy/hold rental approach. This looks like a great site, and I am excited to start interacting! Any veterans of the industry who would be willing to take a newbie under your wing, I have a cup of coffee with your name on it!
0Reply
22 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Edmond, OK · Member since 2016 · 78 posts · 86 votes
    8y

    Welcome @Michael Pendleton. Real Estate is an exciting industry, and OKC is a great place to start. We do have a monthly meeting, on the fourth Tuesday of every month. @Paul Choate sends out the invites. There is also a monthly happy hour on the 2nd Tuesday too. @JJ Gritts heads up that. So plenty of opportunities to interact with other investors. Hope to see you around!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Edmond, OK · Member since 2016 · 209 posts · 107 votes
    8y
    Welcome! I love in Edmond and invest within Oklahoma’s boundaries. I am far from an experienced investor when compared to many of the members here. However, if you would like to discuss real estate and throw around ideas I would be happy to help.
  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    8y

    Hello @Michael Pendleton, welcome to the site! Here are some good places to start:

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet - find and connect with other BP members that are in your area.
    http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts - Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you.
    And, of course the
    http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums - ask any question about real estate!
    See you around!

    BiggerPockets
  • Edmond, OK · Member since 2017 · 16 posts · 7 votes
    8y

    @Levi Ballard/@Rocky Griffin/@Dave Visaya/- I greatly appreciate your responses. 

    I am interested in the meetings that @Paul Choate and @JJ Gritts (I am not sure why it is not allowing the hyperlink to their name?) head up, so any information on how to get included on the invites would be greatly appreciated.

    I am currently completing the "Path to Purchase" and am excited by the information.  Luckily, my questions are so generic at this point that they are easily answered by the forums, however, I am looking forward to being able to actively contribute in the near future.

  • Deborah BurianPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 412 votes
    8y

    @Michael Pendleton - welcome to the OKC investing community.  @Paul Choate and @JJ Gritts both have great groups, Oklahoma City is a welcoming community and folks are willing to help out.  Ping me if you'd like to have some coffee and talk real estate.

  • Edmond, OK · Member since 2017 · 16 posts · 7 votes
    8y

    @Deborah Burian, Thank you so much for the invitation!  Let me get my feet under me a little bit, and I will surely take you up on the offer!

  • Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2016 · 602 posts · 250 votes
    8y

    Welcome @Michael Pendleton! Please reach out if you have any questions. 

  • Edmond, OK · Member since 2017 · 16 posts · 7 votes
    8y

    @Bryan Pham - Thank you, and I will do!  It is refreshing to see a community that is so welcoming!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.