Starting my Real Estate Investing Career

7 Replies

Hey everyone, my name is Jack Luzecky, 22 years old, and i’ve currently been a member of BiggerPockets for about 6 months. I will be testing for my real estate license this month and cannot wait to get started in my career. I currently work for a property management company in St. Louis, MO but now about to start my endeavors in real estate investing as well. I hope to become a more established BP member as time goes on, but until then i will continuously scour the forums for investing tips and tricks! Like i said, I have learned lots about property management, but am very eager to learn more about the investing side of real estate. 

Thank you all, for making this community the BEST for people like myself. 

Welcome @Jack Luzecky !  Best of luck on the test.  I found practice exams really helped me prepare for it.  Where do you plan to hang your license and what do you plan to do once licensed?

@David Ounanian thanks for the good wishes! I have been using a program called ExamSmart, providing me with practice exams and they seem to be covering a lot of good material. After passing the exam, i will be holding my license with the same property management company i am working with now, which also has a sales division. I am looking forward to gaining experience through working with sellers and/or buyers. The experience i gain will ideally coincide and strengthen my future buy-and-hold rental portfolio.

@Jack Luzecky  welcome to Bigger Pockets. The road map for real estate investing success can be found right here! Connect with experienced investors, learn everything you can, and get deals done correctly. Congratulations and I wish you all the success on your journey.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you