San Diego newby eager to shadow & provide value (flippers/invest)

12 Replies

Hello all! Excited to finally post on BP!

My name is Max Miera and I live in San Diego, CA. Moved here from Las Vegas, NV 6 years ago. After listening to dozens of BP podcasts and diving into a few books I feel it's time to get out in the field for some hands-on! 

I'm looking to get involved with flippers/investors and do whatever I can to help YOU!!  Can help with simple day-to-day tasks that you don't have the time to do. Anything from cleaning, demo, going to home depot, etc.. I just want to get involved.

Right now my focus is on wholesaling to build up some cash. Open to any and all advice!

Excited to invest. Excited to learn. Excited to meet everyone I can!

Happy Holidays,

Max Miera

@Kevin Fox

Wholesaling is pretty simple; you are a marketer trying to get properties under contract to sell to investors for a fee. The big issue as a beginner is properly using comps to get ARV and estimating repairs. MY experience so far has been that these 2 things sound easy but are difficult to KNOW you are doing them right without experience. I would use meetup.com to meet local investors that are willing to let you walk you around some properties or help you estimate repairs (based off pictures you take of interested sellers' properties) and in exchange you give those guys first dibs on the properties you find.

After you get a first deal wholesale then check up on that property to see how much repairs were compared to what you estimated them to be. 

Good luck man and go get em!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I very much appreciate the advice and hope to meet you all in person soon. 

Definitely agree on the correlation between inexperience and proper repair cost/ARV. Excited to learn!

Originally posted by @Cody Evans :

@Kevin Fox

Wholesaling is pretty simple; you are a marketer trying to get properties under contract to sell to investors for a fee. The big issue as a beginner is properly using comps to get ARV and estimating repairs. MY experience so far has been that these 2 things sound easy but are difficult to KNOW you are doing them right without experience. I would use meetup.com to meet local investors that are willing to let you walk you around some properties or help you estimate repairs (based off pictures you take of interested sellers' properties) and in exchange you give those guys first dibs on the properties you find.

After you get a first deal wholesale then check up on that property to see how much repairs were compared to what you estimated them to be. 

Good luck man and go get em!

Was I supposed to be mentioned in this? Haha

Originally posted by @Max Miera :

@Kevin Fox do you have any advice on literature for estimating repair cost? 

There really isn’t any incredibly solid literature out there for estimating costs in markets like SD, at least not that I’ve been able to find. 

With that said, it’s definitely an area I can help with. Let me know if you have questions about anything in particular and I’d be happy to answer them to the best of my ability. 

Loving all the input! You guys are awesome. I've been looking on the Events page and don't see too many REI meetups in the future. Anything you guys are going to outside of BP?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you