Hello from the Huntsville, AL Area

6 Replies

What's happening BP? I was once a real estate agent for a brief period of time and am now blessed with a successful career in corporate development. An aspiring entrepreneur, I have setup a couple of side project LLCs and am now attempting to make REI my next endeavor. I'm a Huntsville, AL native and I've been told I wear it on my sleeve. I'm leaning toward single family properties to get started, possibly flipping, then BRRRR. I'm also planning to get started here in the area I know.

I'm here to learn so that I can do. I suppose there could be several reasons I ended up here on BP and I'm glad that I did. I'm a person of faith and I'm also one of those whose REI story might include that someone told me about the book Rich Dad Poor Dad.

Anything I can help with, let me know.

Welcome!  You found the right place to be.

I'm actively looking for property in the Huntsville area, but am focusing on multifamily properties.  Let me know if you need any advice or ever want to think about multifamily property.  I can recommend a few books at the least.

Welcome @Michael B.   I'm looking at the Huntsville area also, Multifamily like @Tobias Falzone .  I am not actively searching atm, but hope to make first purchase in 2018.  I am also a business owner and am being consumed by that at the moment.

I just created a community editable map for Huntsville area, so experts can share their knowledge about certain areas to avoid (say, like Oakwood) and where the path of progress is heading.  It's brand new and needs your input!

Google Maps: Huntsville Area REI

Anyone know exactly where the Toyota-Mazda plant is going?

Originally posted by @Brian Reynolds :

Welcome @Michael B.  I'm looking at the Huntsville area also, Multifamily like @Tobias Falzone .  I am not actively searching atm, but hope to make first purchase in 2018.  I am also a business owner and am being consumed by that at the moment.

I just created a community editable map for Huntsville area, so experts can share their knowledge about certain areas to avoid (say, like Oakwood) and where the path of progress is heading.  It's brand new and needs your input!

Google Maps: Huntsville Area REI

Anyone know exactly where the Toyota-Mazda plant is going?

Brian, thanks for the welcome. I grew up very, very close to Oakwood. I wouldn't put a blanket "don't invest here" on areas on like that. Although I get it.

The Toyota-Mazda plant will be out in the Greenbrier area. It's a good ways from Huntsville proper if you will. Try this: https://www.google.com/maps/place/34%C2%B042'01.2%... and this http://huntsvillemegasite.com/

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you