Hello from the Huntsville, AL Area

Hello from the Huntsville, AL Area

Huntsville, AL · Member since 2017 · 44 posts · 31 votes

What's happening BP? I was once a real estate agent for a brief period of time and am now blessed with a successful career in corporate development. An aspiring entrepreneur, I have setup a couple of side project LLCs and am now attempting to make REI my next endeavor. I'm a Huntsville, AL native and I've been told I wear it on my sleeve. I'm leaning toward single family properties to get started, possibly flipping, then BRRRR. I'm also planning to get started here in the area I know.

I'm here to learn so that I can do. I suppose there could be several reasons I ended up here on BP and I'm glad that I did. I'm a person of faith and I'm also one of those whose REI story might include that someone told me about the book Rich Dad Poor Dad.

Anything I can help with, let me know.

0Reply
30 views

Most Popular Reply

Daniel HymanBusiness Member
CPA · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
8y
Welcome to BP Michael B. ! This is truly a great community. Glad to have you here and best of luck!
My Online Accountant572 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Daniel HymanBusiness Member
    CPA · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y
    Welcome to BP Michael B. ! This is truly a great community. Glad to have you here and best of luck!
    My Online Accountant572 Reviews
  • Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 126 posts · 74 votes
    8y

    Welcome!  You found the right place to be.

    I'm actively looking for property in the Huntsville area, but am focusing on multifamily properties.  Let me know if you need any advice or ever want to think about multifamily property.  I can recommend a few books at the least.

  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    8y

    Hello @Michael B., glad to have you here! Let us know how we can help! And you should jump in, the community is pretty great here. You'll love it :)

    BiggerPockets
  • Rental Property Investor · Porter Ranch, CA · Member since 2016 · 31 posts · 40 votes
    8y

    Welcome @Michael B.  I'm looking at the Huntsville area also, Multifamily like @Tobias Falzone .  I am not actively searching atm, but hope to make first purchase in 2018.  I am also a business owner and am being consumed by that at the moment.

    I just created a community editable map for Huntsville area, so experts can share their knowledge about certain areas to avoid (say, like Oakwood) and where the path of progress is heading.  It's brand new and needs your input!

    Google Maps: Huntsville Area REI

    Anyone know exactly where the Toyota-Mazda plant is going?

  • Investor · Taylor Mill, KY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 964 votes
    8y
  • Huntsville, AL · Member since 2017 · 44 posts · 31 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Brian Reynolds:

    Welcome @Michael B.  I'm looking at the Huntsville area also, Multifamily like @Tobias Falzone .  I am not actively searching atm, but hope to make first purchase in 2018.  I am also a business owner and am being consumed by that at the moment.

    I just created a community editable map for Huntsville area, so experts can share their knowledge about certain areas to avoid (say, like Oakwood) and where the path of progress is heading.  It's brand new and needs your input!

    Google Maps: Huntsville Area REI

    Anyone know exactly where the Toyota-Mazda plant is going?

    Brian, thanks for the welcome. I grew up very, very close to Oakwood. I wouldn't put a blanket "don't invest here" on areas on like that. Although I get it.

    The Toyota-Mazda plant will be out in the Greenbrier area. It's a good ways from Huntsville proper if you will. Try this: https://www.google.com/maps/place/34%C2%B042'01.2%... and this http://huntsvillemegasite.com/

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.