Newbie from Minneapolis, wanting to start a meet up group!

12 Replies

Hey Bigger Pockets Family!!!! I am from Minneapolis Minnesota !!!! I have been listening to the pod casts for about a month LOVE THEM!!!! I looked and I have not seen any monthly meet up groups in MPLS. So I was thinking of starting one called "Women Empowering Women" WEW. Are there any women in MPLS that would like to talk real estate later this month? Maybe we could get a speaker form time to time!

I am so excited to be apart of this wonderful movement!!

-Much success to all

Welcome to BP.  I am not much of a meet-up person but there are several local groups on here.  I don't know any specifically for women but so it sounds like you have a good niche.

Hi Maria- @Tim Swierczek is correct, there is a Women's MNREIA group that meets every 4th Thursday of the month at the Kellers Williams office in Eagan from 7-10pm.  The next meeting is Feb 22nd, I hope to see you there!  And as far as starting a new women's group, I'd be down for it, especially if it were closer to Minneapolis!  

If you are a small to large multi family owner or investor interested in this area MHA is the best resource out there in our area.   www.MMHA.com.   Great place to get a high level education and network even if you are not a big investor.

Thank you for all the wonderful comments I will be checking all of them out!  I am going on Thur with my friend that should be fun.  I am also looking to start my group on the 8th of next month I would like to be in south Mpls. Can anyone suggest a location?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you