New to the site and learning the ropes on real estate

New to the site and learning the ropes on real estate

Temecula, CA · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 4 votes

Hi BP forum members,

I am new to this forum and real estate in general. Through my research and learning lots of things about rental properties and wanting to have financial freedom for my family and I through rentals, I ran into bigger pockets. I found bigger pockets while watching youtube videos and listening in on Brandon and Joshua's podcast on youtube. Went to my first webinar with Brandon being the host and learned so much just from that one webinar. I made my first book purchase, The book on Rental Property Investing written by Brandon Turner, of Bigger Pockets and planning on reading it when it arrives. I am planning to relocate to Dallas/Fort worth, TX or surrounding areas in hopes on buying my first home and starting my investment journey in Texas within the year of 2018 or beginning of 2019. I currently reside in California.

I am actually in need of help in looking for a Real estate Agent in the Dallas/Fort Worth, TX or surrounding areas that is friendly with first time home buying and investing. If anyone can point me in that right direction in finding an Agent, I would greatly appreciate it. I am planning on buying my first home and investing in a home in the near future to get my foot wet with the first purchase for investment.

This forum and BP site will be my new go to for real estate and the wealth of information given. My new internet home. I'm hoping I can build a good network in this new found community.

2Reply
12 views

Most Popular Reply

Tyler HodgsonBusiness Member
Investor · Flower Mound, TX · Member since 2016 · 245 posts · 192 votes
8y

@Kenneth McKeown would be a great real estate agent for you to connect with. He can definitely help you navigate the process of first time homebuyer and first time investor! 

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Taylor Mill, KY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 964 votes
    8y

    Welcome to BP @Thearin Thao! If you got to network>members here on BP, you can refine a search by market and other factors (to find an agent in TX). I have pro, but I think you can do that with a free account as well.

  • Temecula, CA · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Thank you for the welcome @Grant Rothenburger. Just tried to go through the member search and unfortunately I can not use the search function as a free user. Thank you though for the tip.

  • Investor · Taylor Mill, KY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 964 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Thearin Thao:

    Thank you for the welcome @Grant Rothenburger. Just tried to go through the member search and unfortunately I can not use the search function as a free user. Thank you though for the tip.

     Ah, wasn't sure.

  • Tyler HodgsonBusiness Member
    Investor · Flower Mound, TX · Member since 2016 · 245 posts · 192 votes
    8y

    @Kenneth McKeown would be a great real estate agent for you to connect with. He can definitely help you navigate the process of first time homebuyer and first time investor! 

  • Real Estate Agent · Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 715 posts · 138 votes
    8y
    Welcome to BiggerPockets! It is great to have you and feel free to jump in the community there are great people in the forum. Thearin Thao
  • Temecula, CA · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    @Tyler Hodgson thank you for the connect. I will get in contact with Kenneth

    @Aziz Raji thank you for the welcome. I will most definitely jump in and try to get myself out there with the community.

  • Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2015 · 485 posts · 384 votes
    8y

    Hey @Thearin Thao  Welcome to the Bigger Pockets universe! Glad you joined the best real estate investing website, hands down!

    First off, I highly recommend using the awesome tools provided here on BP.

    A few more tips to get started:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area.

    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you.

    Read Beginner’s Guide.

    Check out BP Podcasts.

    Find upcoming real estate events and meetups near you.

    If you'd like to tag someone in the conversation, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person that appears below the comments box. They will be notified of being tagged so that they can jump back into the conversation.

    Send me a PM should you ever get interested in mid- to large size multifamily apatment investing. I'm always looking for new partners in various metropolitan areas to grow our portfolio together.

    Happy house hunting! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.