New Investor Flipper in Lake Stevens, Washington

New Investor Flipper in Lake Stevens, Washington

Investor · Lake Stevens, WA · Member since 2016 · 36 posts · 19 votes

Hi BP family.  So excited to be here. I have already started posting, but realized I had better introduce myself.

I’m Matthew Kimball.  To keep it brief… I have about 5 years working as an Intern Architect on educational, commercial and industrial cold storage projects.  I put things on hold and for the last 4 years I have been a full time stay-at-home dad for 2 miracle kiddos.  Ready to get working again, but still want to be here for my family.   I'm planning to focus on flipping properties both for profit and for holding.  Ultimately I want to get into building New Construction as well as building a portfolio of rental units for passive income.  Planning to work in Lake Stevens and surrounding Snohomish and Skagit Counties.

Would love to network with others in the area.  I'm in the early stages of building my team so please feel free to reach out if you’d like to connect.

2Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Architect · Seattle, WA · Member since 2017 · 160 posts · 81 votes
8y

Welcome @Matthew Kimball, 

I’m also an architect in the area and it sounds like we have similar interests. I just picked up my first rental and my goals are to self develop some properties to hold as well to satisfy my architect and investor side. Would be interested in hearing what you have planned. 

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Seattle, WA · Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    Welcome Matthew, I'm a newbie in the Woodinville area.  Lived in Snohomish for 10 years, so very familiar with the South Snohomish County area.  I am a SAHM but at the point where we can build our portfolio for passive income.  So much to learn, but all so exciting.  Good luck to you!

  • Architect · Seattle, WA · Member since 2017 · 160 posts · 81 votes
    8y

    Welcome @Matthew Kimball, 

    I’m also an architect in the area and it sounds like we have similar interests. I just picked up my first rental and my goals are to self develop some properties to hold as well to satisfy my architect and investor side. Would be interested in hearing what you have planned. 

  • Aaron NelsonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Seattle, WA · Member since 2016 · 307 posts · 191 votes
    8y

    Hi @Matthew Kimball! Welcome to BP! If you are looking to network and connect with other investors, check out some of the local meet up groups. There is a chapter of the Cascadia Investor’s alliance that meets in Everett/Marysville. 

  • Julie MarquezPro Member
    Investor · Skagit County, WA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 807 votes
    8y

    @Matthew Kimball Wanted to say hi and welcome to Bigger Pockets. I work for a commercial GC building a new high school now, so I work in the world with architects. We are also looking at building multifamily, in Skagit County. Lots to learn in the world of real estate, your background should be good help too!

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Matthew Kimball:

    Hi BP family.  So excited to be here. I have already started posting, but realized I had better introduce myself.

    I’m Matthew Kimball.  To keep it brief… I have about 5 years working as an Intern Architect on educational, commercial and industrial cold storage projects.  I put things on hold and for the last 4 years I have been a full time stay-at-home dad for 2 miracle kiddos.  Ready to get working again, but still want to be here for my family.   I'm planning to focus on flipping properties both for profit and for holding.  Ultimately I want to get into building New Construction as well as building a portfolio of rental units for passive income.  Planning to work in Lake Stevens and surrounding Snohomish and Skagit Counties.

    Would love to network with others in the area.  I'm in the early stages of building my team so please feel free to reach out if you’d like to connect.

     Welcome to the site Matthew.

  • Investor · Lake Stevens, WA · Member since 2016 · 36 posts · 19 votes
    8y

    Thanks for the welcome everyone.

    @David Edwards Would love to hear how you plan to integrate your work experience into your investing.  I'm planning to focus on flipping first, then flip and hold, but probably will take a project manager role and bring in some of my buddies to fill the architect role, that way I can focus on running and growing my business. 

    @Aaron Nelson Thanks!  Will definitely check out the Cascadia Investor’s alliance.  Would be very helpful.

    @Julie Marquez Thanks for the welcome. Multifamily in Skagit County would be very exciting.  Seems like there are lots of areas that are rapidly growing up there.

  • Real Estate Agent · Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 715 posts · 138 votes
    8y
    Matthew Kimball Welcome to BiggerPockets! It is great to have you and please feel free to jump in the community - there are certainly great people around here. Good luck !
  • Rental Property Investor · Mount Vernon, WA · Member since 2017 · 50 posts · 14 votes
    8y

    Welcome to the group.  I am from Skagit County and looking for my first deal. Good luck on all your projects and adventures. If you get into building new construction or need any insulation for your fix and flips, let us know as my dad started his own business in insulation. Xtra-Therm Insulation. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.