New Member Info Located in the IE California

6 Replies

Hi guys My name is Evan Alexander I am located in Southern California, specifically the Inland Empire. I am pretty much 100% green in real estate investing but I decided it’s time to get a jump on it. Specifically, my mission is to obtain rental properties for cash flow. I read, listen to podcasts, etc, but nothing like the real thing. If anyone has pointers to give me or to steer me in the right direction let me know! Thanks!

Hey @Evan Alexander

Welcome aboard! We're so excited you're here and making connections. Have you read The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Real Estate Investing? We wrote it with the beginner in mind. It’s an excellent place to start, and can answer many of your questions. You are in the right place to learn all about real estate investing. Do you know what sort of investing you are thinking of doing? BiggerPockets has a FREE webinar every week. Presented by the BiggerPockets Podcast co-host, Brandon Turner, it covers a different topic every week. Sign up here for the next Webinar. Most webinars are recorded and a replay link will be sent out to anyone who signs up. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or clarifications. We are always happy to help!

Hi @Evan Alexander

Welcome! That is a great strategy. What got you started and wanting to jump into RE?

The first thing is--go to your local REI. Your lucky, your in the Inland Empire and we are about to have ours coming on the 27th. Here is the link

https://www.meetup.com/Inland-Empire-Real-Estate-I...

You want to ALWAYS go to your local REIs. Investing in people is probably the #1 thing you can do. 

In terms of being a new investor, do you own any property yet?

Know how to run numbers and be able to identify specific risk factors of any property! Know those two things and you'll be in for some success.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you