New member introductions

15 Replies

Hello Bigger Pockets! My name is Abel Lopez from the Adkins/ la vernia tx area. I have long listen to the bigger pockets podcast and have since decided it's my time do make the big jump to start here on the forum and interact with like minded individuals who are passionate in REI! I'm currently working a full time job in the grocery/transportation industry in San Antonio tx, I also am a small business owner of a LANDSCAPING company that focuses mostly on the rual community's in and around la vernia tx area. I come across many homes and propertys that are going up for sale or just need a complete property clean up, and it's always been my passion/goal to follow a Career in the real estate industry. It would be great to meet a mentor in my local area or in San Antonio! Very excited on joining this new community and seeing where this new road takes me! Thanks for reading and hope to deal with you soon!!!
@Dan Barli Well by the end of this year I will hopefully have our first rental on the market, also have a opportunity at the moment to wholesale a small property with a house that will need a total overhaul on the west side of San Antonio it's a place that my wife has part ownership. Not the greatest area but sure I can find a cash buyer that could use the property for a rehab and rental, I landscape so at the moment it like to market to individuals that are looking to clean up there abandon properties thinking about selling, not sure what nich I'd like to follow I'm interested little to no money way in.
@Sharon Powell Thanks I hope to meet a few others in the area in the near future it's really a great forum, how would you rate the market in the area? Is there Opportunity for a good deal or is the market hot and everything bought up quickly?

Abel, if you've identified the deal, you've already done the hardest part! I highly recommend getting with a reputable REI-Friendly Realtor in San Antonio(there are plenty here on BP) to get a solid ARV and then partner with a an established investor to guide you through the process.

Reach out if I can help and Good bless!

Chuck

Welcome to BP @Abel Lopez !

Taking action is the best next step since you've already been listening to the podcasts and getting involved in the forums (it's also the hardest :) Since you have a good job, find out how much you can qualify for and go from there!

Meeting people in person will help - that's where the meetups come in handy! Alamo REIA and SAREIA are great, plus there are free ones on meetup.com

Good luck and have fun with it!!

Originally posted by @Abel Lopez :
@Dan Barli Well by the end of this year I will hopefully have our first rental on the market, also have a opportunity at the moment to wholesale a small property with a house that will need a total overhaul on the west side of San Antonio it's a place that my wife has part ownership. Not the greatest area but sure I can find a cash buyer that could use the property for a rehab and rental, I landscape so at the moment it like to market to individuals that are looking to clean up there abandon properties thinking about selling, not sure what nich I'd like to follow I'm interested little to no money way in.

Hi Abel, welcome to the Bigger Pockets community. I am fairly new to BP but I have been doing deals in San Antonio for quite some time. Have you and your wife found a cash buyer for the deal you have on the westside?

Hello! @Abel Lopez

Welcome to BP, and congratulations on making the decision to invest in your future via real estate.

I have written a few blog posts that may help you get started here on BP, and with your investing. Please click on the links, give them a read, and share your thoughts in the comments.

First is a post that I feel will help not get overwhelmed with the amount of info that is here on BP:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52761-the-simple-guide-to-getting-started-on-bp

The second is a post that will help get you focused with your real estate investing goals:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52743-im-new-to-bp-any-advice-would-be-appriciated

The last one is a post that will help you choose an “investor friendly” real estate agent.

There are many agents out there, but it’s important to choose the right one.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52724-im-new-to-investing-how-do-i-find-an-investor-friendly-agent

I love answering questions if you have any! Good Luck :)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you