New member introductions

New member introductions

Rental Property Investor · Adkins, TX · Member since 2018 · 27 posts · 5 votes
Hello Bigger Pockets! My name is Abel Lopez from the Adkins/ la vernia tx area. I have long listen to the bigger pockets podcast and have since decided it's my time do make the big jump to start here on the forum and interact with like minded individuals who are passionate in REI! I'm currently working a full time job in the grocery/transportation industry in San Antonio tx, I also am a small business owner of a LANDSCAPING company that focuses mostly on the rual community's in and around la vernia tx area. I come across many homes and propertys that are going up for sale or just need a complete property clean up, and it's always been my passion/goal to follow a Career in the real estate industry. It would be great to meet a mentor in my local area or in San Antonio! Very excited on joining this new community and seeing where this new road takes me! Thanks for reading and hope to deal with you soon!!!
0Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Retirement Accounts Attorney · Southfield, MI · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
8y

@Abel Lopez

Welcome to Bigger Pockets.

See this reply in the discussion

15 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Retirement Accounts Attorney · Southfield, MI · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Abel Lopez

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets.

  • Member since 2018 · 84 posts · 28 votes
    8y

    Welcome! I am new as well! Wish you a ton of success!!

  • Attorney · Clifton, NJ · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 328 votes
    8y

    Welcome to BP @Abel Lopez!  What are some of your goals? What strategies are you pursuing? 

  • Rental Property Investor · Honolulu, HI · Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 7 votes
    8y
    @Abel Lopez Welcome! What is going to be your niche in the REI game? I'm going to be moving to San Antonio in a f ew months. I'd love to link up with you over lunch and chat. Good luck!
  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 7 votes
    8y

    Welcome! Definitely look up some investor meetups and start networking! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Adkins, TX · Member since 2018 · 27 posts · 5 votes
    8y
    @Tom Gillotti Thanks it's going to be a great journey looking forward to seeing what this year brings!
  • Rental Property Investor · Adkins, TX · Member since 2018 · 27 posts · 5 votes
    8y
    @Dan Barli Well by the end of this year I will hopefully have our first rental on the market, also have a opportunity at the moment to wholesale a small property with a house that will need a total overhaul on the west side of San Antonio it's a place that my wife has part ownership. Not the greatest area but sure I can find a cash buyer that could use the property for a rehab and rental, I landscape so at the moment it like to market to individuals that are looking to clean up there abandon properties thinking about selling, not sure what nich I'd like to follow I'm interested little to no money way in.
  • Rental Property Investor · Adkins, TX · Member since 2018 · 27 posts · 5 votes
    8y
    @Thurman Kennedy Yes definitely!
  • Rental Property Investor · Adkins, TX · Member since 2018 · 27 posts · 5 votes
    8y
    @Kelly Martinez That would be great for meeting new connections and leads!
  • Sharon PowellPro Member
    Realtor · La Vernia, TX · Member since 2014 · 153 posts · 124 votes
    8y

    @Abel Lopez welcome to BP!  

    I’m in LV as well, and there are several others on BP in our area. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Adkins, TX · Member since 2018 · 27 posts · 5 votes
    8y
    @Sharon Powell Thanks I hope to meet a few others in the area in the near future it's really a great forum, how would you rate the market in the area? Is there Opportunity for a good deal or is the market hot and everything bought up quickly?
  • Realtor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    Abel, if you've identified the deal, you've already done the hardest part! I highly recommend getting with a reputable REI-Friendly Realtor in San Antonio(there are plenty here on BP) to get a solid ARV and then partner with a an established investor to guide you through the process.

    Reach out if I can help and Good bless!

    Chuck

  • Realtor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2017 · 70 posts · 50 votes
    8y

    Welcome to BP @Abel Lopez!

    Taking action is the best next step since you've already been listening to the podcasts and getting involved in the forums (it's also the hardest :) Since you have a good job, find out how much you can qualify for and go from there!

    Meeting people in person will help - that's where the meetups come in handy! Alamo REIA and SAREIA are great, plus there are free ones on meetup.com

    Good luck and have fun with it!!

  • Developer · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2018 · 30 posts · 13 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Abel Lopez:
    @Dan Barli Well by the end of this year I will hopefully have our first rental on the market, also have a opportunity at the moment to wholesale a small property with a house that will need a total overhaul on the west side of San Antonio it's a place that my wife has part ownership. Not the greatest area but sure I can find a cash buyer that could use the property for a rehab and rental, I landscape so at the moment it like to market to individuals that are looking to clean up there abandon properties thinking about selling, not sure what nich I'd like to follow I'm interested little to no money way in.

    Hi Abel, welcome to the Bigger Pockets community. I am fairly new to BP but I have been doing deals in San Antonio for quite some time. Have you and your wife found a cash buyer for the deal you have on the westside?

  • Real Estate Agent · Falls Church · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    Hello! @Abel Lopez

    Welcome to BP, and congratulations on making the decision to invest in your future via real estate.

    I have written a few blog posts that may help you get started here on BP, and with your investing. Please click on the links, give them a read, and share your thoughts in the comments.

    First is a post that I feel will help not get overwhelmed with the amount of info that is here on BP:

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52761-the-simple-guide-to-getting-started-on-bp

    The second is a post that will help get you focused with your real estate investing goals:

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52743-im-new-to-bp-any-advice-would-be-appriciated

    The last one is a post that will help you choose an “investor friendly” real estate agent.

    There are many agents out there, but it’s important to choose the right one.

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52724-im-new-to-investing-how-do-i-find-an-investor-friendly-agent

    I love answering questions if you have any! Good Luck :)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.