Rookie to the Real Estate Realm

Rookie to the Real Estate Realm

New to Real Estate · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 6 votes

Greetings all!!

I’m the Rookie ready to Take Action, I’ve been hearing a lot lately “the light went off that, selling real estate was the way to make money and I never looked back”

I’m Chuck, I currently work at in Wireless Mobility and I’m a current military member. My family and I live in the Greater Atlanta area, my 1st notion about becoming a Realtor back in 2014, My cousin and uncle always talked about owning a property as a group. Then I got introduced to BP podcast, and I’m ready to dive in to Investing. I plan on taking everything I'm learning and building upon that enough experience to pursue my 1st duplex or triplex investment. One of my long-term goals once I have a few properties is to start a property tittle company

Happy hunting everyone!!

1Reply
9 views

Most Popular Reply

Charlotte, NC · Member since 2017 · 57 posts · 17 votes
8y

Best of luck to you, Chuck!  And welcome to BP. There are definitely some decent efficiencies and economies of scale with starting out with multifamily units. 

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 17 posts · 10 votes
    8y
    @Chuck Marley Good luck, Chuck!
  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2018 · 176 posts · 83 votes
    8y

    @Chuck Marley Good luck Chuck. Stay with it and do as much research as possible before you pull the trigger on your first multi family. Atlanta is a great place to invest.

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2011 · 122 posts · 67 votes
    8y

    Welcome to BP @Chuck Marley ! It's great you're wanting to start in multifamily, it is definitely more scalable than SFRs. Best wishes in your investing career!

  • Charlotte, NC · Member since 2017 · 57 posts · 17 votes
    8y

    Best of luck to you, Chuck!  And welcome to BP. There are definitely some decent efficiencies and economies of scale with starting out with multifamily units. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Falls Church · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    Hello! @Chuck Marley

    Welcome to BP, and congratulations on making the decision to invest in your future via real estate.

    I have written a few blog posts that may help you get started here on BP, and with your investing. Please click on the links, give them a read, and share your thoughts in the comments.

    First is a post that I feel will help not get overwhelmed with the amount of info that is here on BP:

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52761-the-simple-guide-to-getting-started-on-bp

    The second is a post that will help get you focused with your real estate investing goals:

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52743-im-new-to-bp-any-advice-would-be-appriciated

    The last one is a post that will help you choose an “investor friendly” real estate agent. There are many agents out there, but it’s important to choose the right one.

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52724-im-new-to-investing-how-do-i-find-an-investor-friendly-agent

    I love answering questions if you have any! Good Luck :)

  • New to Real Estate · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    Thanks for the feedback I appreciate all your comments, I'll be looking at the blog posts and recommendations.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.