Hello! CA based, seeing out of state investment opps

10 Replies

Hello everyone! 

Me: I am a traditional Chinese Medicine doctor + clinic owner, surfer, world traveler, and mama (/servant) to an especially lovely Kelpie pup. Expert on Santa Cruz breweries and food scene. Very enthusiastic about this next journey into REI. As a young profession in a HOT market, I am looking for house hacking opportunities, and investing out of state.

Seeking: REI opportunities out of state (NV, AZ, midwest, sh*t literally anywhere but CA). Currently seeking out contacts in southern Maine to find deals. Refer your best agents, please!

Thanks! Looking forward to connecting

Welcome, @Lee Lewis ! Great introduction - so glad you found Bigger Pockets early in your journey!

A few things that may be helpful to you here on the Bigger Pockets website as you search for a team to support your first buy:

You can set up keyword alerts so anytime someone posts about any of the markets you're targeting, or the niche you're seeking, you'll be notified. That could be a great way to find and stay engaged with local investors, realtors and opportunities. http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

You can also search for other investors or brokers in those target markets and follow their journey on Bigger Pockets here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users

Anything you can do to build your network in the region will help you find the realtor, and eventually the property, that suits your needs.

Best of luck to you and look forward to following your journey!

@Lee Lewis Welcome to BP! 

I am an agent in Southern Maine that works with many investors. I would be happy to connect to see what you are looking for. This is a great area for cash flowing rentals, so long as you know where to go. I will send you a message and we can connect to discuss your goals. 

Originally posted by @Lee Lewis :

Hello everyone! 

Me: I am a traditional Chinese Medicine doctor + clinic owner, surfer, world traveler, and mama (/servant) to an especially lovely Kelpie pup. Expert on Santa Cruz breweries and food scene. Very enthusiastic about this next journey into REI. As a young profession in a HOT market, I am looking for house hacking opportunities, and investing out of state.

Seeking: REI opportunities out of state (NV, AZ, midwest, sh*t literally anywhere but CA). Currently seeking out contacts in southern Maine to find deals. Refer your best agents, please!

Thanks! Looking forward to connecting

lol, solid intro post. Welcome to the site Lee.

Hey Lee, wow cool! I haven't seen any other Chinese medicine doctors on here. I work with a great one and I'm totally into that world. I did try surfing, and I have a board and a wetsuit, but I never made it out of the white water. World traveler, definitely. I'm also in CA and do out-of-state.

Reach out anytime!

@Lee Lewis

Welcome to the BP family! Good to have you here! Here are some recommendations for you:

Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

Check out BP Podcasts: https://www.biggerpockets.com/podcast

If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

Wishing you the best!

I just had a wonderful experience with an agent named Dave Marshall who covers Southern Maine. He was continually available and full of creative approaches and visions to help me find and get what I wanted in my life. And even after the purchase he is still helping me solve problems! He's great. 

Welcome @Lee Lewis! "Anywhere but California" - I can relate!! I'm in Saratoga, nothing would come close to positive cash flow here...

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you