New Member Introduction

12 Replies

Hello Bigger Pockets people!!! I’ve been reading a bit, listening a bit, saving a bit too! We (my wIfe and I) put our first property under contract today. I’m nervous, excited, feeling overwhelmed, and confident (yep, its a little of it all) . There is a huge difference between reading, listening, etc. and actually putting these things I’ve learned into motion. The properties aren‘t perfect but they look pretty good to my novice eyes. I’d be glad to share the information I have if anyone wants to evaluate the deal but I’m not asking for that. I’d really like to know where I can meet up with other people in GA who share the same interest in rental property (I‘m 30 minutes north of Macon, 1hour south of ATL, either is fine). There is so much to learn that I felt I would just end up reading posts on BP for the next decade with no action so we decided that our savings were enough to go ahead and start. We got a realtor and went after it!
@Ethan Henning - yes it is. Without BP I would have never given rental property a chance. It would have seemed too overwhelming and something that only “connected” people had a chance to do. BP made me realize that ANYBODY can invest if they are willing to put in the time and effort.

The deal fell through! I found a serious septic and well issue that drove the price down for the property in my opinion. I made a lower offer that was declined.

It was an experience regardless of the outcome. I had to talk myself down from the clouds and get realistic about the property after learning about the issues. I was ready to sign papers on something that was more complicated and expensive than advertised but in the end I let the numbers talk and walked away. It was not easy! I was sooo ready to be in the real estate business. In the meantime its all about finding a deal and saving more money.

Hello! @Jarad B.

Welcome to BP, and congratulations on making the decision to invest in your future via real estate.

I have written a few blog posts that may help you get started here on BP, and with your investing. Please click on the links, give them a read, and share your thoughts in the comments.

First is a post that I feel will help not get overwhelmed with the amount of info that is here on BP:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52761-the-simple-guide-to-getting-started-on-bp

The second is a post that will help get you focused with your real estate investing goals:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52743-im-new-to-bp-any-advice-would-be-appriciated

The last one is a post that will help you choose an “investor friendly” real estate agent. There are many agents out there, but it’s important to choose the right one.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52724-im-new-to-investing-how-do-i-find-an-investor-friendly-agent

I have other blogs that may be helpful here on BP in my personal blog that you can check out. Good Luck :)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you