Newbie in Ann Arbor, MI looking for ways to help you help me

Newbie in Ann Arbor, MI looking for ways to help you help me

Real Estate Agent · Chelsea, MI · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 1 vote

Hi BP folks, I'm Scott from Ann Arbor, MI. I am new to REI and have been super impressed with BP ever since I stumbled upon it a few months ago. Like so many here, I came across the podcast and got totally hooked. I got my Michigan real estate sales license earlier this year primarily as an educational experience, but I also as a tool going forward in REI. I am currently looking into buying a commercial building (Strip Mall) as well as building a buy-and-hold residential portfolio. I understand commercial RE is a far cry from the normal starting point in REI, but this potential deal came to me and I'm trying to see if I can make it work. Thanks everybody!

1Reply
27 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Detroit, MI · Member since 2018 · 387 posts · 129 votes
    7y

    @Scott MacLellan  Welcome to the site. There is tons of knowledge and resources here. Continue to do your homework. I am also interested in getting into commercial and multi unuts

  • Retirement Accounts Attorney · Southfield, MI · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Scott MacLellan

    You have come to the right site to connect with like-minded folk. Welcome to Bigger Pockets.

  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    7y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets Scott and good luck investing!

  • Justin WindhamPro Member
    Banker · Nationwide · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets, @Scott MacLellan!

    You'll find plenty of friendly, knowledgeable people willing to help respond to your questions. Many members are experts in their respective fields related to real estate investing, whether that is real estate brokerage, wholesaling, flipping, buy and hold, lending, self-directed IRA and Solo 401k investing, or tax and legal guidance.

    There are some pretty cool discounts on various products and services offered as Perks to BP members that you might want to check out: https://www.biggerpockets.com/perks/pro


    If you haven’t checked it out already, the Bigger Pockets blog features links to their awesome podcast and many great articles: https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/

  • Farmington, MI · Member since 2017 · 41 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    Scott,

    Welcome to bigger pockets.com.  I also joined a year ago and I purchased my first rental property not to long ago. Although I’m still learning,  i’m very happy to see folks like you so I can learn as well!

  • Specialist · Fort Collins, CO · Member since 2018 · 557 posts · 191 votes
    7y

    Welcome to BP Scott! This site is a great resource for REI information. Make sure you fully understand your state's landlord-tenant laws. Best of luck!

  • Rental Property Investor · Ypsilanti, MI · Member since 2016 · 230 posts · 86 votes
    7y

    Hello, @Scott MacLellan, I'm nearby in Ypsi, where I live and work as an investor and agent.  Let me know if you need a hand with anything single-family or small multi-family related.  For example, I have a 2 bedroom home on the market that needs a flipper.  Best wishes!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.