Investor from Northern Michigan / Grand rapids

Investor from Northern Michigan / Grand rapids

Flipper/Rehabber · Roscommon, MI · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 4 votes

Hello, my names kyle miller, I currently live in Roscommon MI. I moved here 3 years ago from grand rapids mi. 
I have purchased my first house in early 2014 off the MLS, since then I have purchased a house that me, my wife and two kids currently live in. Me and my dad also bought a commercial property that consist's of a restaurant a house and a barn, We purchased these at the mi tax sale auction. I have recently decided I will be going back into real estate, I have been listening to bigger pocket podcasts, the ideas and different mindsets on life and real estate have been a phenomenal motivator.


My current goal/game plan is to start with fix and flips to build cash reserves and eventually acquire buy and holds especially multi family.
I just made my first offer on and will be putting a second one in shortly off the MLS.
I have been watching the local sheriff tax sales that I plan to start investigating them and attempting to work with these people to flip the property and get them some cash as well during the 6 month redemption period.
I plan on buying in future tax sales if I have the cash funds this year.

At the end of the day I am looking to be financially free to spend the little time I have with my family!
P.s I am always open to meeting up for lunch or coffee ect!

3Reply
11 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 1 vote
7y

Hello @Account Closed mentioned he helped me purchase a duplex here in Grand Rapids.  It’s always good to speak with multiple realtors.  Paul was the first realtor I spoke with and after speaking with various other realtors I decided to stick with Paul.  His insight as a realtor who also actively invests was invaluable for my purposes.  I’m not trying to get too “selly” on this forum, lets connect individually and we can talk about my experience investing in GR coming from California.  Good luck on your ventures!!

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Escondido, CA · Member since 2018 · 268 posts · 137 votes
    7y

    Hi Kyle, I've been slowly educating myself in preparation to get started in RE investing. I plan to start investing OOS and have recently decided to look more closely at Michigan. My mom's family was in Grand Rapids, and I still have family in that area.

  • Lake Elsinore, CA · Member since 2018 · 235 posts · 300 votes
    7y

    Hi Kyle! Welcome to BP! 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Roscommon, MI · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    Thanks @Courtney M. 

  • Retirement Accounts Attorney · Southfield, MI · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Kyle Miller

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets. This is great place to connect with others.

  • Paul LeasonPro Member
    Realtor · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2012 · 172 posts · 70 votes
    7y

    @Account Closed let me know if I can be of any help!  In fact  I’ve just assisted a School Counceller from CA buy a duplex here in Grand Rapids!!

  • Rental Property Investor · Escondido, CA · Member since 2018 · 268 posts · 137 votes
    7y

    @Paul Leason, I appreciate that. I'll reach out to get connected.

  • Justin WindhamPro Member
    Banker · Nationwide · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Kyle Miller

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets, Kyle!

    You'll find plenty of friendly, knowledgeable people willing to help respond to your questions. Many members are experts in their respective fields related to real estate investing, whether that is real estate brokerage, wholesaling, flipping, buy and hold, lending, self-directed IRA and Solo 401k investing, or tax and legal guidance.


    There are some pretty cool discounts on various products and services offered as Perks to BP members that you might want to check out: https://www.biggerpockets.com/perks/pro

  • Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Hello @Account Closed mentioned he helped me purchase a duplex here in Grand Rapids.  It’s always good to speak with multiple realtors.  Paul was the first realtor I spoke with and after speaking with various other realtors I decided to stick with Paul.  His insight as a realtor who also actively invests was invaluable for my purposes.  I’m not trying to get too “selly” on this forum, lets connect individually and we can talk about my experience investing in GR coming from California.  Good luck on your ventures!!

  • Rental Property Investor · Escondido, CA · Member since 2018 · 268 posts · 137 votes
    7y

    Thanks @Tomas A. I've definitely met some good people in Michigan and am excited about getting started there.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.