New Investor - need guidance in Tampa, FL

New Investor - need guidance in Tampa, FL

Rental Property Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 3 votes

Hey guys!!

My name is Dave and I am located in Tampa, FL. I haven’t started a deal yet and I’m looking to offer my time and energy in exchange for guidance and help understanding real estate investing in our area. I’m really eager to learn and start a passive income stream!

2Reply
35 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Harker Heights, TX · Member since 2018 · 212 posts · 182 votes
7y

Welcome to BP @David Pollitt. I recommend you and @Jeremy Vanderloop reach out to @Katherine Blazer. She's an agent in the area and has access to off market properties. You're in a great market to be able to take advantage of REI opportunities.

I also suggest finding a local REI group by looking on this site or in the Meet Up app. That is another great way to connect with local investors and others in the field.

Good luck!

See this reply in the discussion

14 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 1 vote
    7y

    Hey man I’m in tampa would love to connect. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Harker Heights, TX · Member since 2018 · 212 posts · 182 votes
    7y

    Welcome to BP @David Pollitt. I recommend you and @Jeremy Vanderloop reach out to @Katherine Blazer. She's an agent in the area and has access to off market properties. You're in a great market to be able to take advantage of REI opportunities.

    I also suggest finding a local REI group by looking on this site or in the Meet Up app. That is another great way to connect with local investors and others in the field.

    Good luck!

  • Realtor · Tampa Bay Area · Member since 2019 · 24 posts · 12 votes
    7y

    Morning @David Pollitt! 

    I agree with @Allan Bishop Jr. finding great networking group to pull information from is vital. As an agent I've been investing myself for the past four years and have found working with someone who has access to the MLS and those sought after off-market deals are the best way to go. What area of Tampa are you looking to start in?

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    7y

    @David Pollitt

    Welcome to the BP family! Great that you joined the site! Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users

    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

    Check out BP Podcasts: https://www.biggerpockets.com/podcast

    If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

    Wishing you the best!

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 515 votes
    7y

    Hi @David Pollittand welcome to Bigger Pockets! Bigger Pockets is a great place to start for real estate investing. Bigger Pockets is the place to get deals done the right way! Congratulations, and I wish you nothing but success. 

  • Specialist · Orlando, FL · Member since 2017 · 24 posts · 13 votes
    7y

    @David Pollitt welcome. I have recently done a lot of underwriting and networking in Tampa. Great market right now and only going up in my opinion. I am more than happy to chat with you about what I found over the past year.

    Without a doubt the best property managers I have ever worked with (I’ve worked with a lot) are based out of Ft. Myers but serve Tampa as well. I also have some good agents in the area. Let me know if want to connect and I will help if I can.

  • Aaron T.Pro Member
    Developer · Aguada, PR · Member since 2014 · 928 posts · 279 votes
    7y

    check outTampa REIA for local connections.

  • Justin WindhamPro Member
    Banker · Nationwide · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @David Pollitt

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

    You'll find plenty of friendly, knowledgeable people willing to respond to your posts. A lot of forum members are experts in their respective fields related to real estate investing, whether that is real estate sales, wholesaling, flipping, buy and hold investing, lending, self-directed IRA and Solo 401k investing, or tax and legal guidance.

  • Retirement Accounts Attorney · Southfield, MI · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @David Pollitt

    Welcome to BP.

  • Rental Property Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    @Jeremy Vanderloop Absolutely!! My official moving date is June 17th so I will reach out to ya that week

  • Rental Property Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    @Allan Bishop Jr. Thank you for making the connections for me!!

  • Rental Property Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    @Dmitriy Fomichenko Thank you for your help!

  • Rental Property Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    @Christopher Morgan Thanks a lot man! I look forward to getting the ball rolling!

  • Rental Property Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    @Aaron T. Thanks Aaron!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.