Newbie Investor from Atlanta, GA =)

Newbie Investor from Atlanta, GA =)

Atlanta, GA · Member since 2019 · 17 posts · 10 votes

Hi friends,

My name is Trong, new RE investor from Atlanta, GA. I found BP when I first read J Scott's Book on Flipping Houses a few years ago, and recently started listening to the BP podcast. I've flipped 2 houses in the Metro-Atlanta area in the last couple years and now looking to branch out into rental properties. Particularly interested in the BRRR strategy because it's kind of a mix of both, flipping and buy/hold. I work a 9-5 and make decent income but would like to generate more passive income to ultimately have more time to do the things I want to do, like traveling or spending time with my family. My goal of joining the BP community is to learn, network and hopefully contribute. I would love to get connected with any member in the metro-Atlanta area. And if I can be of value to members outside my area, I would love to connect with you as well. Thanks for reading and look forward to connecting.

6Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Bill HamptonBusiness Member
Accredited Investment Fiduciary, AIF®, Financial Planner, Tax Strategist, Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 977 votes
7y

@Kevin Tran, I

Welcome to Bigger Pockets. I'm the Atlanta area. 

Below are a few tips for new members.

Tip #1: Check out events and happenings around you by clicking on the link

Tip # 2: How to Use @Mentions on BiggerPockets

Tip # 3: Setting up Keyword Alerts

Tip # 4: 25 Tips for Real Estate Success

Tip # 5: Check out the Start Here page

Tip # 6: Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide

Tip #7: Votes

Tip #8: BP Webinars

Tip #9: If you want information on Buy and Hold investing check out the Beginners Guide to Buy and Hold.

I suggest that you join one of the local real estate investors associations to network and learn from other investors.

Check out the Georgia Real Estate Investors Association. They have many monthly educational meetings.

Good luck and let me know if I can be of assistance.

Hampton Tax and Financial Services LLC4.7106 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Renter · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 30 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    @Trong Tran

    Hey Trong, I'm in the Atlanta area also my niche is wholesaling let's do this and achieve our goals.

  • Bill HamptonBusiness Member
    Accredited Investment Fiduciary, AIF®, Financial Planner, Tax Strategist, Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 977 votes
    7y

    @Kevin Tran, I

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets. I'm the Atlanta area. 

    Below are a few tips for new members.

    Tip #1: Check out events and happenings around you by clicking on the link

    Tip # 2: How to Use @Mentions on BiggerPockets

    Tip # 3: Setting up Keyword Alerts

    Tip # 4: 25 Tips for Real Estate Success

    Tip # 5: Check out the Start Here page

    Tip # 6: Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide

    Tip #7: Votes

    Tip #8: BP Webinars

    Tip #9: If you want information on Buy and Hold investing check out the Beginners Guide to Buy and Hold.

    I suggest that you join one of the local real estate investors associations to network and learn from other investors.

    Check out the Georgia Real Estate Investors Association. They have many monthly educational meetings.

    Good luck and let me know if I can be of assistance.

    Hampton Tax and Financial Services LLC4.7106 Reviews
  • Real Estate Agent · Riverdale, GA · Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    Welcome @Kevin Tran! I'm just south of Atlanta but deal with a lot of properties inside the perimeter. I'll be at a lot of the local meet-ups so hopefully I'll see you around.

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    7y

    @Kevin Tran

    Welcome to the BP family! Glad you joined the best real estate investing website!

    Wishing you the best!

  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2019 · 17 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    @Bill Hampton Wow, thank you for the tips. That is a lot of useful information and time you didn’t have to spend but you did. Thanks so much for that. I’ll be sure to put it to use. I read the “voting” link first ;)

  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2019 · 17 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    @Frank Dortilus and @Michael Mullininx look forward to connecting with you.

    @Dmitriy Fomichenko thanks for the love, will see you out there.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2019 · 36 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    @Trong Tran Hi, I’m a new real estate investor and I am new to BP. I am looking to start investing. I want start off with the Brrrr strategy too. What part of Atlanta you investing in?

    Let’s connect. Maybe we can help each other out.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2019 · 36 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    @Bill Hampton thanks for sharing those tips. As a newbie myself I will be using those as a resource.

  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2019 · 17 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    @Vincent Finn I flipped in Gwinnett and Decatur, but really open to anything within 30miles of metro-Atlanta for now. Particularly interested in flips in the West Side around the beltline, like West View and Washington Park. For rentals, I like the the Marietta/Smyrna area, but the Forest Park and College Park areas seem a little more affordable.

  • Real Estate Agent · Riverdale, GA · Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    @Vincent Finn +1 for west & southside. Marietta and Smyrna are great areas but it's definitely getting more expensive to buy in. West & south you can get in for a lot cheaper, rent for 5/10/20 years, and sell later on down the road when the property values go up

  • New to Real Estate · Marietta, GA · Member since 2018 · 169 posts · 40 votes
    7y

    I'm moving to metro Atlanta this week. Also new to REI, would love to connect and share experiences/knowledge.

    My wife and I own a house cleaning business. Would be happy to help in any way I can.

    Thanks in advance,

    Dieggo Goncalves.

  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2019 · 17 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    @Dieggo Goncalves Congratulations on the move and welcome to the South. Hope you have a smooth transition. It's always great to add another trade/contact into the network. What are your REI goals and strategies?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.