Getting partial commission on first-time home buying/Duplex

2 Replies

Hello everyone. I'm new to this. I have two main questions. The first is that I recently got my real estate license, but  haven't hung it with anyone. I am looking to purchase a place in North Miami. Although I have zero experience in real estate I was hoping to get partial commission. I know I have to have my licensed hung with a realtor first. What is the best way to get my licensed hung so that I can get the partial commission from my first-time home purchase?

Second question is that I have my heart set on buying a multi-family unit, specifically a duplex. One loan officer said that I can use the first time home buyer discount and only put down 3%. The other loan officer said a duplex does not qualify for the first time home buying discount and I would have to put down 15%, which is it? Thanks for you expert advice.

Manuela

@Manuela P. I have all the information that you'll need. You can buy a 1-4 unit going conventional with 5% down. You can also buy a 1-4 unit with 3.5% down going FHA. Depending on where your credit score and DTI is, will tell you which loan best suits your needs. I know of a few real estate companies that you can hang your license with in Miami that will help you do this.

Originally posted by @Raymond J. Rodrigues :

@Manuela P. I have all the information that you'll need. You can buy a 1-4 unit going conventional with 5% down. You can also buy a 1-4 unit with 3.5% down going FHA. Depending on where your credit score and DTI is, will tell you which loan best suits your needs. I know of a few real estate companies that you can hang your license with in Miami that will help you do this.

Thank you for replying. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you