Newbie from San Antonio, TX - Changing our family legacy

6 Replies

Greetings BP! My name is Jed Hefner and I am so grateful to my great family friend Eric W. for introducing me BP.  I'm loving the excitement of finding the community and the amazing education that I have begun to devour over the last couple of weeks.

I grew up in Arkansas with a single mother and lived my formative years in a house built by Habitat for Humanity...so while my real estate buying experience is limited to my wife and I having purchased our first home in 2015, I know first hand the power of a stable home to change lives.  I look forward to using real estate to achieve financial independence and provide a difference legacy for my 3 kids. 

I have already begun networking with a few local professionals and looking to add value to deals through my background as an IT architect & project manager.  Looking to continue my education phase, topping off my bankroll, and looking to get into my first deal around the end of 2019.

Welcome to the REI community @Jed Hefner ! I'm an active investor in San Antonio and just started my journey earlier this year. Feel free to reach out if you need anything or have any questions. Good luck!

@Jed Hefner   welcome to BP!  Your story is great and this is the kind of stuff that gets me excited!  

I remember growing up thinking that if someday I could somehow buy a 200k house I would have made it.  Now a few years later I bought and sold a house that wasn't an investment that I accidentally made 10k on....I have a single family house that is now an airbnb with a lot equity, i have another 2 units that I own with partners, and i'm trying to get 2-3 more houses this year.  

Real estate is cool stuff and I feel like i'm just get started but am excited to see where it will take me and it's always awesome when I get to help others on their journey there as well!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you