Any investing groups/partnerships in McKinney, TX

Any investing groups/partnerships in McKinney, TX

Member since 2019 路 5 posts 路 0 votes

I have been reading/researching BP for a few months (watching webinars, reading posts), I seem to be most interested in Multi family or BRRRR's and then building bigger (commercial stuff).

Our children are leaving home so we are going to sell our 4000 sq. ft. home and use that cash to finance a property.  

We would keep and rent this house out BUT, we have a pool surrounded by Huge hackberry trees and 3 months out of the year, we are cleaning pool traps 6 times a day.  No renter would take care of the pool like that and it would end up being a maintenance nightmare!!!

0Reply
22 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support 路 Las Pinas, Metro Manila 路 Member since 2015 路 7k+ posts 路 1k+ votes
    7y

    Welcome to BP @Michael Winders, check out Events for RE groups near you https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521-events-and-happenings

    BiggerPockets
  • Real Estate Broker 路 Florida & Chicago 路 Member since 2010 路 46 posts 路 20 votes
    7y

    Welcome to BP and we had a house with a pool that we rented out (corp relo).  Much like the lawn service, I sourced out the pool cleaning and maintenance (hate to have the pump burn out) AND I added them into the rent as part of the perk of living in the house. Then if the lawn or pool had a problem (it looked green) or need to be cleaned, I gave the tenants the direct number of the service company to call on their own.  Worked with no glitches. But, you also have a BIG house.  I would sell it too.  Rather rent out 2 / 2000 sq ft houses than 1 / 4000 sq ft house. 

  • Kingsland, TX 路 Member since 2018 路 164 posts 路 86 votes
    7y

    Welcome, Michael! I am located over near Rockwall and going to Allen/McKinney area for work. I don't know of any groups or partnerships in that area, but I would be interested if you found a group over there! Good luck!

  • Investor 路 Hillsboro, TX 路 Member since 2017 路 358 posts 路 245 votes
    7y
    Well, welcome to the group.  I am that poor cousin down south of you in Hillsboro.  If you get a group together and let me know when they meet, I would consider traveling to visit the group.  I am always interested in sharing ideas and gathering contacts.  You never know when you need a set of ears to bounce something off of, or maybe a partner or JV.  Good luck, If you are in heading south on 35, stop in Hillsboro, I usually good for a cup of coffee.  
  • Member since 2019 路 5 posts 路 0 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    Welcome, Michael! I am located over near Rockwall and going to Allen/McKinney area for work. I don't know of any groups or partnerships in that area, but I would be interested if you found a group over there! Good luck!

  • Member since 2019 路 5 posts 路 0 votes
    7y

    Thank you for you鈥檙 interest!

    I just started The book on Flipping Houses and Estimating rehab costs.

    Next I have Buy Rehab Rent, Refinance Repeat and and another about buy and hold.

    We have our Realtor in place (fellow investor).

    I鈥檓 slowly putting the pieces of the team together (contractor next).

    I want to follow the steps and see action within 3 months.  No more waiting or excuses馃槼.

    I want to find more info about RV park investing, I have a family friends that wants to retire and sell his.  It鈥檚 profitable but he is very old and wants to chill.

    Michael

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.