Newbie investor from Oceanside, CA eager to learn!

10 Replies

Hello BP community!

My name is Ben, I just moved to Oceanside about a month ago from Guam. I’m an EOD technician (bomb squad) in the Navy.

I started getting really interested in real estate investing about a year and a half ago while I was out in Guam, but with my location and travel schedule, was never able to try anything! I just recently bought my first house here in Oceanside, and now want to get into the investment game! I am interested in all facets of real estate investing, with my main focus, like many others being buy and hold rentals.

I would love to connect with anyone in the area, or even out of the area for that matter as long distance investing really interests me considering CA prices.. I’m eager to learn as much as I can and hopefully gain some experience! Hope to hear from some of you!

@Michael Sjodin I’ll be sure to look into that. I’ve seen a few on meetup.com that I plan on attending, so I’ll as that to the list! I bought in the San Luis Rey area. It worked best for the commutes the wife and I have to make. She works at Pendleton and I work down in Point Loma (she got the better end of the stick)

Welcome to BP,@Benjamin Templeton . Congratulations, you have found one of the most valuable free resources on the internet for real estate investors new and old. We are happy to help you in any way we can.

Hey @Benjamin Templeton ! Welcome to the BP forums. I would definitely recommend connecting with your local investing community. It's always great to get around like minded people and talk about your goals. I have made so many valuable connections both from BP and from getting connected in my local investor groups. 

I saw that you might be interested in long distance investing. I would be happy to get on a call and discuss the strategy that I use when I work with out of state investors. I've basically implementing David Green's out of state investing strategy with me being one of the main "boots on the ground" contacts for my investors.  I'm also happy to talk to you about the OKC market and see if that may be a good fit for your goals. 

Best of luck! Feel free to reach out if there's ever anything I can help with. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you