Mike Chevalier
  • Rochester, NY
Votes |
New Investor in Rochester, NY

Mike Chevalier
  • Rochester, NY
Posted Aug 5 2019, 12:49

Hello All!
My name is Mike Chevalier, I'm a "new" [aspiring] investor in Rochester, NY. I've been reading BP blogs, forums, and listening to the podcast for the past couple years - learning, planning, and saving to be an investor. My plan is to purchase my first house-hack property by Spring 2020, so I thought it was about time to get involved with the community that has taught me so much.

A little about me: I am 25 years old, graduated from SUNY Plattsburgh with a degree in entrepreneurship, marketing and finance. I moved to the city of Rochester, NY (off Monroe) in April to live with my girlfriend, previously lived in Albany/Schenectady area my entire life. I am a sales professional in the environmental industry, previously an insurance agent. I like hiking with my dog, getting out to concerts and events, and drinking cold beer.

As far as real estate, I have no experience as of yet. My plan is to build a portfolio of small multi-family apartments (2-4 units) that I hope to generate enough cash-flow to "retire" off of. My first house I will be purchasing before next Spring, and will be looking to do FHA financing for a house hack. After a year of living there I hope to repeat the process, and get a couple properties under my belt through FHA loans and house hacking. I am also very interested in continuing to learn about other ways to make deals happen through partnership and creative finance to allow faster growth than just 1 house per year.

Thanks everyone for reading, hope to see you around the forums. Please reach out in my messages to connect!

Loading replies...