Hello Everyone. Akron ohio introduction!

Hello Everyone. Akron ohio introduction!

Real Estate Agent · Akron · Member since 2019 · 35 posts · 11 votes

Hello!

I have been reading and listening to podcasts for about a month now after reading rich dad poor dad. A very unoriginal intro, I know. I live in Akron Ohio (44301), 25 years old and married with no kids yet. I work 60 hours a week and want to build $2000-4000 in passive income to start with. Once I reach that point I may focus on investing full time and work towards syndication of larger multifamily/building portfolio.

I plan on starting by BRRRRing single family homes and or small multifamily homes in Akron. 

Thank you anyone who says hello or gives advice! 

Thank you B.P!

3Reply
29 views

Most Popular Reply

Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
7y

Welcome to the BP family @Nicolas Ake ! Glad you joined the best real estate investing website!

Here are some recommendations for you:

Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users
Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

Wishing you the best!

See this reply in the discussion

18 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 587 posts · 269 votes
    7y

    Welcome to BP @Nicolas Ake! I wish you a ton of success! 

  • Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2016 · 214 posts · 95 votes
    7y

    Hello @Nicolas Ake, & welcome to Bigger Pockets! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Akron, OH · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    Hi Nick,

    My husband Austin and I are newer Akron investors as well. We are currently rehabbing our first solo deal.

    It would be cool to connect sometime!

  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    7y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets Nicolas and good luck investing!

  • Rental Property Investor · Kailua, HI · Member since 2018 · 47 posts · 66 votes
    7y

    @Nicolas Ake welcome to BP!

  • Attorney · Akron, OH · Member since 2016 · 535 posts · 389 votes
    7y

    Welcome aboard. Always great to see others from Akron on here.

  • Rental Property Investor · Santa Rosa Beach, FL · Member since 2018 · 182 posts · 63 votes
    7y
  • Investor · Akron, OH · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    Hi @Nicolas Ake , we have a small group of investors that have been meeting at Los Girasoles Mexican Restaurant in Stow on the third Tues ( of each month at 6:30pm to discuss investing in the greater Akron area. Please join us if you are free. It's $2 beer night. The next meeting is 9/17. -Jill

    I'm going to get the event posted tomorrow.

  • Rental Property Investor · Massillon, OH · Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 9 votes
    7y

    Hi @Nicolas Ake, I am also new to Biggerpockets and REI newbie. I did own a single multifamily many, many years ago. I am in the Canton area and also looking to invest in the Canton / Akron area. Welcome!

  • Rental Property Investor · Kailua, HI · Member since 2018 · 47 posts · 66 votes
    7y

    @Thomas Stevenson welcome to BP! @Brendan Taylor helped me find properties in Akron.

  • Rental Property Investor · Massillon, OH · Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 9 votes
    7y

    Thanks Gio, I appreciate the referral! ~Tom 

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    7y

    Welcome to the BP family @Nicolas Ake ! Glad you joined the best real estate investing website!

    Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users
    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

    If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

    Wishing you the best!

  • Specialist · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2014 · 81 posts · 68 votes
    7y

    Welcome to BP @Nicolas Ake! Wow, 60 hours of work a week and you are looking to BRRR, great work ethic! That's an awesome goal, as well! If you are looking for passive income, turnkey may be a great option for you while you are working.

    I am a bit biased about the turnkey method, but I like to throw it out as an option when I see it's appropriate. Having a few turnkey properties doesn't mean that you can't BRRR when you have more time, it just means that you have that passive income without using too much of your time and energy.

    Best wishes!

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Nicolas Ake:

    Hello!

    I have been reading and listening to podcasts for about a month now after reading rich dad poor dad. A very unoriginal intro, I know. I live in Akron Ohio (44301), 25 years old and married with no kids yet. I work 60 hours a week and want to build $2000-4000 in passive income to start with. Once I reach that point I may focus on investing full time and work towards syndication of larger multifamily/building portfolio.

    I plan on starting by BRRRRing single family homes and or small multifamily homes in Akron. 

    Akron contractors/agents/investors let's talk! 

    Thank you anyone who says hello or gives advice! 

    Thank you B.P!

     Welcome aboard.

  • Armel BayotPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Walnut Creek, CA · Member since 2019 · 116 posts · 38 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Nicolas Ake:

    Hello!

    I have been reading and listening to podcasts for about a month now after reading rich dad poor dad. A very unoriginal intro, I know. I live in Akron Ohio (44301), 25 years old and married with no kids yet. I work 60 hours a week and want to build $2000-4000 in passive income to start with. Once I reach that point I may focus on investing full time and work towards syndication of larger multifamily/building portfolio.

    I plan on starting by BRRRRing single family homes and or small multifamily homes in Akron. 

    Thank you anyone who says hello or gives advice! 

    Thank you B.P!

    Welcome fellow noob! Keep sharpening the ax.

  • Rental Property Investor · Canton, OH · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Nicolas Ake

    Welcome! Akron/Canton area is great for cash flowing investments.

  • Real Estate Agent · Akron · Member since 2019 · 35 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    Wow thank you all for the overwhelming welcome! I appreciate you going out of your way to say hi or drop some knowledge or referrals.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.