Hi all, new BP member here. I am currently in process on binge listening to podcasts and reading as many interesting forum posts I can. Glad to be here and I hope I can contribute too at some point. My wife and I live in the South Loop part of Chicago and we are in process of searching for our primary residence, somewhere in the suburbs. Meanwhile, we have a rental property in Michigan and looking to make an investment in our second rental property sometime in the near future, hopefully in no less than 6 months. Cheers!
Real Estate Agent · Chicago & NWI · Member since 2015 · 860 posts · 521 votes
7y
@Daniel De Lima
Wonderful!
Are you looking for multi-families to reside in and house hack? Or solely for investment purposes?
My properties are on the south-side of Chicago near Midway airport.
Real Estate Agent · Chicago & NWI · Member since 2015 · 860 posts · 521 votes
7y
Hi Daniel,
Welcome to the BP community! :)
I listen and sometimes replay episodes because of the detailed amount of information provided in just one hour of listening. You may want to network and attend meetups in your area if you are considering investing in the future. Real estate investing is people-oriented so always great to build those relationships!
Thank you @Eudith Vacio! We are very open on the location as long as it is near a train station as both my wife and I will work in the city most days. So far, we looked at Villa Park, Elmhurst and Des Plaines. It know it is broad but DuPage county is first option, Cook would be second for the right deal.
I see you are building a rental portfolio. If you don't me asking, what locations do you have your investment properties at?
Real Estate Agent · Forest Park, IL · Member since 2014 · 255 posts · 141 votes
7y
Hi @Daniel D. - Welcome to BP! The Chicago area is a great place for investment properties and is the 3rd largest metropolitan area in the country. Most of my 22 rental property units are on the West Side of Chicago. My brother in law has several in Michigan and I have a vacation property near Ludington on the LP.
Real Estate Agent · Chicago & NWI · Member since 2015 · 860 posts · 521 votes
7y
@Daniel De Lima
Wonderful!
Are you looking for multi-families to reside in and house hack? Or solely for investment purposes?
My properties are on the south-side of Chicago near Midway airport.