Real Estate Investor in Norfolk, Va

Real Estate Investor in Norfolk, Va

Rental Property Investor · Norfolk, VA · Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 7 votes

What's up BP crew, I've been a member for a few months and decided to make my first post. 6 years active duty military in Norfolk, VA, and transferring to Pearl Harbor, HI later this year. I've been learning a lot through BP podcasts and books and decided to pull the trigger. Currently working on closing my second SFH in Norfolk before I head to Hawaii where I hope to find creative ways to invest there and continue in Virginia! Always looking to connect with other investors and share info!

Chris

0Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Charlie CameronBusiness Member
Investor · Niceville, FL · Member since 2017 · 450 posts · 366 votes
6y

Welcome @Chris Wheelus.  Go out there and crush it man.  You can still invest in Virginia, especially since you have a feel for the local market.  There is a great BP podcast about an Air Force guy in Korea buying 20+ SFHs in Alabama.  I buy multis out of state since I PCSed from the Midwest to Florida.  

Best of luck and let me know if there is any way I can help!

The RAL Room Assisted Living Mastermind
See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Springfield, MO · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 890 votes
    6y
    @Chris, I just left Oahu in June, would be happy to help you connect to some solid investors out there. I used to host a meetup, and there are several good ones to check out!
  • Charlie CameronBusiness Member
    Investor · Niceville, FL · Member since 2017 · 450 posts · 366 votes
    6y

    Welcome @Chris Wheelus.  Go out there and crush it man.  You can still invest in Virginia, especially since you have a feel for the local market.  There is a great BP podcast about an Air Force guy in Korea buying 20+ SFHs in Alabama.  I buy multis out of state since I PCSed from the Midwest to Florida.  

    Best of luck and let me know if there is any way I can help!

    The RAL Room Assisted Living Mastermind
  • Rental Property Investor · Norfolk, VA · Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    @David Pere that's awesome, Oahu sounds like the place to be. Would love to connect with some investors/meetups too! Btw, checking out your podcast on VA loans now, great stuff!

  • Rental Property Investor · Norfolk, VA · Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    @Charlie Cameron absolutely man. Next step is to learn how to buy out of state like yourself. And eventually get into multis!

  • Rental Property Investor · Clovis, NM · Member since 2018 · 118 posts · 55 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Chris Wheelus:

    @Charlie Cameron absolutely man. Next step is to learn how to buy out of state like yourself. And eventually get into multis!

    I love the power of multis! I've only been a distance investor and am investing in an areas I've only visited a few times. Biggest hurdle is building your team and getting to know the market. You already have a leg up by being a local investor before moving away. You should have no troubles continuing to invest in VA!

  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    6y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets Chris and best of luck investing!

  • Patti RobertsonBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    Did all you Military peeps know that the VA loan limit Is being eliminated as of 1/1/2020? Almost every article I read about it focuses mostly on Jumbo loans. The real benefit will be the ability for those who are able to move often to keep buying and living in a property for at least a year, then moving on to buy another to start it all over again. It's a pretty huge change for you guys!

  • Real Estate Agent · Member since 2018 · 209 posts · 115 votes
    6y

    Best of travels to Hawaii Chris!  Always feel free to reach out to us Virginia folks if you ever need a hand in your out-of-state investing in the future.

    Maybe you can find some other great spots to invest in while you're in Hawaii!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.