Newbie from Huntsville, Alabama

13 Replies

My name is Shelby Ashley and I live in Huntsville, Alabama. I am in the brand-new, overwhelming stages of real estate investing, but this is what I have wanted to do for as long as I can remember. I'm currently trying to absorb as much information as I can right now before I take the plunge into buying my first property. I hold a Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting and an MBA in Management. My goal is to obtain a real estate license within the next year. I'm very passionate about passive income and my ultimate goal is to become financially independent within the next decade. I look forward to connecting with everyone. Roll Tide!

@Shelby Ashley

Shelby, first of all congrats on taking the plunge in REI! I'm also living in Huntsville, AL and doing some real estate investing myself! I have attended several REIA meetups around town and put several offers on properties but have had no luck due to how competitive the market is!

I am also looking to reach financial freedom, but within the next 3 years!

Have you started to build your team or visit any of the REIA's in town?

I’m passionate about finding a way to financial freedom as well, and real estate investing is the way! I can talk about real estate investing all day so please shoot me a message if you have anything on your mind about it or would just like to talk real estate.

Looking forward to speaking soon!

Hey @Shelby Ashley  and welcome to Bigger Pockets! BP is the ultimate learning center for real estate investment. At BP, not only can you network with other real estate investors, you can learn from the informative forums posted daily on the site, find properties that are for sale, and take free courses. You have come the right place and I wish you best of luck.

@Shelby Ashley

All the best on your journey! I am an OOS investor in huntsville with few buy and hold rentals. Feel free to ping me if you need any help.

I always recommend going to the local REIA which is really active in HSV and they meetup every month. Zac hosts some great seminars in that REIA and plus its a great networking place.

Being local is definitely an advantage in a market like Huntsville which is getting heated up by the hour! :)

Originally posted by @Shelby Ashley :

My name is Shelby Ashley and I live in Huntsville, Alabama.  I am in the brand-new, overwhelming stages of real estate investing, but this is what I have wanted to do for as long as I can remember.  I'm currently trying to absorb as much information as I can right now before I take the plunge into buying my first property.  I hold a Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting and an MBA in Management.  My goal is to obtain a real estate license within the next year.  I'm very passionate about passive income and my ultimate goal is to become financially independent within the next decade.  I look forward to connecting with everyone.  Roll Tide!

Welcome to the site Shelby

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here