After many books and a motivational discussion with an experienced investor in my area, Brad Clarizio, I decided to stop waiting and dive into my first project. I want to post updates of this project as I go in order to help other new investors. One helpful thing I've done so far is set hard deadlines for myself. This way when I make phone calls, I can demonstrate a sense of urgency and be taken more seriously. I will post updates on this several times per week - please let me know what an appropriate sub forum for this would be. So far here is my progress, having started less than a week ago:
- - Initiate a search with Brad - He is a licensed agent as well as an investor
- - Visit a couple distressed properties in southern Columbus
- - Call several hard money lenders - set up meetings accordingly
- - Call a few inspectors - I have one ready to visit a property once I close
- - Call GCs - I have one GC who seems to be a good fit although I expect the renovation to be very challenging
- - Made a deal analysis excel sheet for calculating my offers (I prefer making my own)
- - I added a "Factor of Safety" for my renovation time and cost
- - With time and experience, I'll hopefully be able to adjust these
- - Accepted the fact that this is going to be very difficult with many obstacles to overcome
Throughout this process, any advice, critiques, etc. would be very much appreciated. I love how kind and welcoming everyone is in this community. I hope you all have a great weekend and I look forward to talking with you in the future!
@Alex Brandt best of luck, looking forward to following the journey!
Welcome to the journey @Alex Brandt !
@Alex Brandt It sounds like you have a good start. Good luck!
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you