Just a lil newbie from Plano/Frisco, TX!

Just a lil newbie from Plano/Frisco, TX!

Member since 2019 路 13 posts 路 7 votes

Hello! 馃憢馃徎

I'm Jeannette, originally from Houston TX. I moved to Plano/Frisco TX a couple years ago for my first job as a junior software developer for Toyota. I never learned much about personal finances or finances in general, so just a few months ago, I tried to find some podcasts to listen to while I run. I stumbled upon BiggerPockets podcast and was immediately hooked and inspired by all the stories that were shared in each episode. I think it's amazing how some people start from very little and can still become financially independent. I never thought I could do it because I always thought investing was for the rich, and I came from a family where I was eligible for free lunch in grade school. Few podcast episodes later, I'm now motivated to try real estate investing myself.

Right now, I am completely a noob at this. I thought I'd turn to the BiggerPockets community to try to educate myself more and hopefully find any helpful Pocketers whom I can learn from. I'm usually afraid to ask questions and this is actually my first time trying to participate in an online community, but I'm really looking forward to all the advices and information I can find here. 

Please feel free to drop in and say hi! The real biggest reason I'm here is to be surrounded by people who are trying to achieve the same goals, so we can keep each other accountable! 鈽猴笍

1Reply
17 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker 路 Forney, TX 路 Member since 2019 路 1k+ posts 路 399 votes
    6y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets! Truly nice to meet you. Good luck going forward! Hope the best for you going forward in 2020!!

    Congratulation on finding BP. I too find the podcast and webinars greatly educational and inspirational. I am a developer for my "day" job as well as RE agent and investor. I love being in the game and all the things it brings. Plano/Frisco area is a great area to live and invest. Best of luck!!

    Podcast: https://www.biggerpockets.com/podcast

    Webinars: https://www.biggerpockets.com/webinars

    Glossary: https://www.biggerpockets.com/rei/glossary

    @David Greene and @Brandon Turner has some good ones.

  • Member since 2019 路 13 posts 路 7 votes
    6y

    @Anthoney Hanks thanks for your encouragement! :)

    Would love to hear how your experience has been juggling being a developer and a real estate agent.

  • Real Estate Broker 路 Forney, TX 路 Member since 2019 路 1k+ posts 路 399 votes
    6y

    @Jeannette Tang For me, it is exciting. I actually got my licenses so I could sell and buy my own homes. And help others: family, friends and new friends. For me it is harder n winter time to have enough time after work to do the real estate stuff. But when we have longer days, it is great. 

    And being a developer helps me pick up the technology faster. I am actually hoping to have my broker's license by end of month. As you might know, being a developer, I have a hard time interacting with people sometimes. Being an agent helped my learn to communicate better and more.

  • Member since 2019 路 13 posts 路 7 votes
    6y

    That's awesome! I think I'd want to get into it so I can learn more about real estate. I think it could be a good idea to become an expert in something I want to invest my money in. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.