New investor in the Dayton, Ohio area

17 Replies

Hello everyone. Completely new REI here with absolutely zero experience. My wife and I are hoping to begin investing this year, and yes, we are both in the later stages of our income-creating timeframe, but sometimes that's the way it goes. I've been reading a lot of the blogs and forums here and have purchased a few books from the site. We are exciting for this new opportunity in our lives. Thanks for taking a moment to read this short intro and I'm looking forward to networking with like-minded folks.

welcome. make sure to look up @DarrinCarey and @ChristinaCarey who host a great monthly meetup in Dayton. They can also be found on FB at the Dayton Real Estate Investing Network. I visited in January and there was 115 people in attendance so you will surely find a couple people that can help you get started.

Welcome to BP!  Local investor in the Dayton area as well.  As stated above attend TJ Chumps in Fairborn March 9th @ 6pm for the Dayton area investing network.

Also GDREIA hosts 5-6 events per month locally.  Membership is $225 for husband and spouse. Well worth it. Let’s meet up sometime and discuss real estate sometime!

@Bryon Blake Welcome and congrats on making the decision to pursue real estate investing! I invest in the Dayton and Springfield areas, so I'm pretty familiar with the area and RE agents, property managers etc

If you have any questions feel free to message me!

Good luck and, again, welcome!

Originally posted by @Bryon Blake :

@Andrew Syrios Thanks. I'm almost overwhelmed with the amount of information here.

Sure thing Bryan, and it might be a good idea to start with one BP's books, especially How to Invest in Real Estate: https://www.biggerpockets.com/store/how-to-invest-in-real-estate-ultimate as that will walk you through all the basics in a straight forward path. Then check out the podcasts and articles/posts for more specific help.

@Andrew Syrios That’s exactly what I happen to be reading at this very moment. I’ve started listening to the BP podcasts this last week as well. Sat in on Thursday nights webinar, read the blogs and forums. The amount of information on this site is incredible for a beginner.

Originally posted by @Bryon Blake :

@Andrew Syrios That’s exactly what I happen to be reading at this very moment. I’ve started listening to the BP podcasts this last week as well. Sat in on Thursday nights webinar, read the blogs and forums. The amount of information on this site is incredible for a beginner.

Well then you're approaching the right way! Good luck!

Thanks @Jeshua Patrick
@Bryon Blake The normal meetup is about 70 people. It's a good place to make local connections in person. Obviously, there are a lot of investors, but there are also contractors, agents, property managers, Title Co, Attorney, Insurance all in there.

Details are posted here on BP at https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/807491-dayton-rei-meetup-mar-2020

Feb 2020 Meetup

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you