New investor in the Dayton, Ohio area

New investor in the Dayton, Ohio area

Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 7 votes

Hello everyone. Completely new REI here with absolutely zero experience. My wife and I are hoping to begin investing this year, and yes, we are both in the later stages of our income-creating timeframe, but sometimes that's the way it goes. I've been reading a lot of the blogs and forums here and have purchased a few books from the site. We are exciting for this new opportunity in our lives. Thanks for taking a moment to read this short intro and I'm looking forward to networking with like-minded folks.

2Reply
38 views

Most Popular Reply

Michael CravenPro Member
Investor · Springfield, OH · Member since 2017 · 202 posts · 150 votes
6y

@Bryon Blake Welcome and congrats on making the decision to pursue real estate investing! I invest in the Dayton and Springfield areas, so I’m pretty familiar with the area and RE agents, property managers etc

If you have any questions feel free to message me!

Good luck and, again, welcome!

See this reply in the discussion

17 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2016 · 112 posts · 79 votes
    6y

    Welcome @Bryon Blake! You guys planning on investing there locally in Dayton?

  • Remington LymanBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    6y

    @Bryon Blake Welcome to the site!

  • Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    @Kyle Collette Thank you. Our initial plan is to stay local.

  • Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    @Remington Lyman Thank you.

  • Rental Property Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2017 · 298 posts · 232 votes
    6y

    welcome. make sure to look up @DarrinCarey and @ChristinaCarey who host a great monthly meetup in Dayton. They can also be found on FB at the Dayton Real Estate Investing Network. I visited in January and there was 115 people in attendance so you will surely find a couple people that can help you get started.

  • Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    @Jeshua Patrick Thanks for that information. I will definitely do that. 

  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    6y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets Bryon!

  • Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    @Andrew Syrios Thanks. I'm almost overwhelmed with the amount of information here.

  • Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    Welcome to BP!  Local investor in the Dayton area as well.  As stated above attend TJ Chumps in Fairborn March 9th @ 6pm for the Dayton area investing network.


    Also GDREIA hosts 5-6 events per month locally.  Membership is $225 for husband and spouse. Well worth it. Let’s meet up sometime and discuss real estate sometime!

  • Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    @Garrett Lange Thanks for the information. We will definitely look into both groups.

  • Michael CravenPro Member
    Investor · Springfield, OH · Member since 2017 · 202 posts · 150 votes
    6y

    @Bryon Blake Welcome and congrats on making the decision to pursue real estate investing! I invest in the Dayton and Springfield areas, so I’m pretty familiar with the area and RE agents, property managers etc

    If you have any questions feel free to message me!

    Good luck and, again, welcome!

  • Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    @Michael Craven Thank you. I have much to learn, but I look forward to new experiences.

  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Bryon Blake:

    @Andrew Syrios Thanks. I'm almost overwhelmed with the amount of information here.

    Sure thing Bryan, and it might be a good idea to start with one BP's books, especially How to Invest in Real Estate: https://www.biggerpockets.com/store/how-to-invest-in-real-estate-ultimate as that will walk you through all the basics in a straight forward path. Then check out the podcasts and articles/posts for more specific help.

  • Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    @Andrew Syrios That’s exactly what I happen to be reading at this very moment. I’ve started listening to the BP podcasts this last week as well. Sat in on Thursday nights webinar, read the blogs and forums. The amount of information on this site is incredible for a beginner.

  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Bryon Blake:

    @Andrew Syrios That’s exactly what I happen to be reading at this very moment. I’ve started listening to the BP podcasts this last week as well. Sat in on Thursday nights webinar, read the blogs and forums. The amount of information on this site is incredible for a beginner.

     Well then you're approaching the right way! Good luck!

  • Darrin CareyPro Member
    Lender · Dayton, OH · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 705 votes
    6y

    Thanks @Jeshua Patrick
    @Bryon Blake The normal meetup is about 70 people. It's a good place to make local connections in person. Obviously, there are a lot of investors, but there are also contractors, agents, property managers, Title Co, Attorney, Insurance all in there.

    Details are posted here on BP at https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/807491-dayton-rei-meetup-mar-2020

    Feb 2020 Meetup
  • Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    Thanks @Darrin Carey already have that meetup on my calendar 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.