New investor, looking for MFR with positive cashflow

New investor, looking for MFR with positive cashflow

Member since 2020 · 34 posts · 27 votes

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time posting about investment. I am based on oregon, with a SFR home. Looking to invest into MFR 2 to 6 units, Class B or above, with positive cashflow, expecting CoC of 5% or above. Looking to invest in neighbourhoods with good tenants and looking to partner with a good agent/ management team for a passive workflow. Keen on Oregon, washington but open to out of state, based on the deal. Hoping for long partnership as expect this to be the start on MFR. So far investing a lot in stocks, so can answer if any questions there, not a doom sayer, but let's just say expecting a correction there, and personally looking to diversify.

2Reply
13 views

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · RVA · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y

    Most of my best partnerships came about through in-person networking. In addition to your online component, I'd recommend getting out to local real estate meetups and meeting others in your area who would be interested in working with you. As big as BP is, there are still a lot of people who aren't on board!

  • Portland, OR · Member since 2019 · 48 posts · 21 votes
    6y

    Hi @Annu Zer congratulations on your first post! What part of Oregon are you considering? Would love to connect with you & see how we can work together. 

    Natalie 

  • Member since 2020 · 34 posts · 27 votes
    6y

    Thanks Taylor, since I am seriously considering out of state, was expecting to use the forum and followup with connection here to carry it further.

    Natalie, I am open to Oregon, around university hubs and metro portland metro area, but looking for positive cash flow and working with a management partner. I will followup with you.

  • Real Estate Agent · Portland, OR · Member since 2017 · 117 posts · 59 votes
    6y

    @Annu Zer I live in Portland but invest primarily in multifamily out of state. Happy to answer any questions you have or meet up in person.

  • Portland, OR · Member since 2019 · 48 posts · 21 votes
    6y

    @Annu Zer Awesome I look forward to chatting more with you :)

  • Member since 2020 · 34 posts · 27 votes
    6y

    Caleb, thanks for replying will connect with you

  • Justin WindhamPro Member
    Banker · Nationwide · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Annu Zer

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

    This is a great place to learn and network. A lot of forum members are very knowledgeable in their respective fields related to real estate investing, whether that is real estate sales, wholesaling, flipping, rentals, lending, self-directed IRA and Solo 401k investing, or tax and legal guidance.

    Discounts on some products and services are offered to BP members: https://www.biggerpockets.com/perks/pro

    If you haven’t been to it already, you might want to check out the BP blog: https://www.biggerpockets.com/blog/

    The site has quite a few tools that can be helpful for new members. I like the search features: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search

  • Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    Hi Annu, 

    Please feel free to reach out to me via direct message. I specialize in analyzing multi-family deals and love helping investors achieve their goals. Hopefully I can help you too! 

    URBAN NEST REALTY  |  PORTLAND, OR  
    Broker - Licensed in Oregon

  • Specialist · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2018 · 331 posts · 148 votes
    6y

    @Annu Zer, glad to have you aboard! If you are considering OOS investing then I'd love to assist you with acquiring some assets in the KC area, we have an excellent market with a lot of upside. Feel free to dm me and we can talk more about your goals. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.