New Investor and BiggerPockets Member Pittsburgh

New Investor and BiggerPockets Member Pittsburgh

Investor · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2020 · 23 posts · 34 votes

Hi everyone!

My name is Camden Kelly and I recently started working within the real estate investing game. As some brief background I started investing when I was 22 by completing my first live in flip. My wife and I lived in the property for two years, improved every feature, and ended up selling it when the time was right. We are currently doing the same thing again. However, I have built up enough equity in the property we are currently living in to take out a pretty substantial HELOC and I want to get this money reinvested in other properties. I have scoured the MLS and went and looked at properties on craigslist, REOs, properties for sale by owner, and even properties posted by whole sellers. I have made connections with contractors, real-estate agents, and title insurance companies. At this point, I am currently looking for any advice/partnership with people who are buying properties from auction or utilizing other resources to acquire properties at a fair price. I would also be happy to share further details if anyone is interested in giving me some advice.

Thanks!


- Cam 

3Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Specialist · New York City, NY · Member since 2019 · 400 posts · 168 votes
6y

@Camden Kelly

Welcome to BiggerPockets! You came to the right place to learn more about real estate and connect with other motivated investors. BP is full of great content, so I strongly recommend you to have a look at the following resources:

1. Start by reading the Ultimate Real Estate Investing Guide: https://www.biggerpockets.com/guides/ultimate-real-estate-investing-guide/introduction

2. Then check out other online guides available here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/guides

3. Have a look at BP's blog where new articles are published every day: https://www.biggerpockets.com/blog

4. If you wish to network or ask specific questions about your local market, you can go to your local real estate forum and discuss with investors from your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/86-local-real-estate-networking

5. Or you can directly meet them by registering to real estate events around you: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521-events-and-happenings

6. Finally, BP has various tools available to help you analyze your deals (rental, flips, wholesale, etc), feel free to use them: https://www.biggerpockets.com/investment-calculators

Please let me know if I can help, and best of luck!

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Forney, TX · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 399 votes
    6y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets!! I hope the most success going forward in your quest(s) in 2020!! How exciting on your success. If you have not, you might look for meet ups in your area. But get active in the forums and network. I setup an alert to check discussions about Dallas, Texas. You will be surprise who you will find. Good Luck!! 

  • Specialist · New York City, NY · Member since 2019 · 400 posts · 168 votes
    6y

    @Camden Kelly

    Welcome to BiggerPockets! You came to the right place to learn more about real estate and connect with other motivated investors. BP is full of great content, so I strongly recommend you to have a look at the following resources:

    1. Start by reading the Ultimate Real Estate Investing Guide: https://www.biggerpockets.com/guides/ultimate-real-estate-investing-guide/introduction

    2. Then check out other online guides available here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/guides

    3. Have a look at BP's blog where new articles are published every day: https://www.biggerpockets.com/blog

    4. If you wish to network or ask specific questions about your local market, you can go to your local real estate forum and discuss with investors from your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/86-local-real-estate-networking

    5. Or you can directly meet them by registering to real estate events around you: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521-events-and-happenings

    6. Finally, BP has various tools available to help you analyze your deals (rental, flips, wholesale, etc), feel free to use them: https://www.biggerpockets.com/investment-calculators

    Please let me know if I can help, and best of luck!

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    6y

    @Camden Kelly

    Welcome to the BP family! Great that you joined the site! 

    Wishing you the best!

  • Justin WindhamPro Member
    Banker · Nationwide · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Camden Kelly

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

    This is a great place to learn and network. A lot of forum members are very knowledgeable in their respective fields related to real estate investing, whether that is real estate sales, wholesaling, flipping, rentals, lending, self-directed IRA and Solo 401k investing, or tax and legal guidance.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.