New to Real Estate from Los Angeles, CA

New to Real Estate from Los Angeles, CA

Los Angeles · Member since 2020 · 88 posts · 36 votes

Hello, 

My name is Carlos, I am located in Los Angles, CA. A little bit about me is I love to travel, read and long walks on the beach. I am new to Real estate investing and discovered bigger pockets. I have been focus on educating myself, currently reading “Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat” by David Greene. 

I am looking to network. Feel free to comment or send a message. My must goal is to own, buy and hold rental properties (single family, multi family, duplex, triplex, quadplex) using the BRRRR strategy.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this. Have a fabulous day.  

4Reply
27 views

Most Popular Reply

Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
6y

@Carlos Villalobos

Welcome to the BP family! Glad you joined the best real estate investing website! Here are some recommendations for you:

Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users
Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing
Check out BP Podcasts: https://www.biggerpockets.com/podcast

If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

Wishing you the best!

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Forney, TX · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 399 votes
    6y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets! I wish the most success in 2020!! Best wishes in your quest. BRRRR is a great strategy. And you have a fabulous day.

  • Los Angeles · Member since 2020 · 88 posts · 36 votes
    6y

    Thank you I appreciate it. There is so much to learn and give back on BiggerPockets. I do have a question, what do you think is the biggest challenge for a new real estate investor?

  • Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    Hi @Carlos Villalobos, welcome to BP! 

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    6y

    @Carlos Villalobos

    Welcome to the BP family! Glad you joined the best real estate investing website! Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users
    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing
    Check out BP Podcasts: https://www.biggerpockets.com/podcast

    If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

    Wishing you the best!

  • Justin WindhamPro Member
    Banker · Nationwide · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Carlos Villalobos

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

    This is a great place to learn and network. A lot of forum members are very knowledgeable in their respective fields related to real estate investing, whether that is real estate sales, wholesaling, flipping, rentals, lending, self-directed IRA and Solo 401k investing, or tax and legal guidance.

  • Los Angeles · Member since 2020 · 88 posts · 36 votes
    6y

    Thank you @Zeke Liston

  • Los Angeles · Member since 2020 · 88 posts · 36 votes
    6y

    Thank you @Dmitriy Fomichenko. A mentor introduced me to BP last month. I appreciate all the quick tips. Beginner's guide was helpful, and I enjoy listening to BP's podcasts. I will be setting keyword alerts.

    Wishing you the best on your success.

  • Los Angeles · Member since 2020 · 88 posts · 36 votes
    6y

    @Justin Windham Thank you I appreciate it, by the way Denver Colorado is a great place. I agree, I have learned a ton over the last month. The forums are great, so much valuable information. I will continue to be active on BP.

    Best of luck on journey. 

  • Craig CurelopBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Post Falls, ID · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    Hey Carlos. Welcome to our BiggerPockets community!

    I love to travel also while earning on the side.  Know what, you have hit the JACKPOT of resources for real estate investors. Real Estate Industry is a great potential for growth and life balance. And your starting point as a real estate investor is right here. Just ask! Here are the recommendations I can initially give you:

    1. Subscribe to the BiggerPockets Money and Rookie Podcasts

    2. Attend the FREE WEBINARS

    3. Attend a Meetup in Your Area

    4. Purchase the Beginner Books: How to Invest in Real Estate, Set for Life, The House Hacking Strategy

    5. Peruse the forums! Ask questions! Answer Questions!

    Consistency is the key. With your continuous learning and searching with the help of other experts in the industry, over the next 4-6 months you’ll be ready to purchase your first (or next) property in NO TIME!

    Best regards,

    Craig Curelop

  • Los Angeles · Member since 2020 · 88 posts · 36 votes
    6y

    @Craig Curelop

    Hi Craig, thank you for the welcome and recommendations. I am hooked on the BP podcasts, webinars and I just finished the BRRRR book. I look forward to purchasing and reading The House Hacking Strategy  by the one and only Craig Curelop. Furthermore, I completely agree that consistency and repetition is key and the mother of skill. Take care and best wishes on your success. 

    Best regards, 

    Carlos Villalobos

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.