looking to build a team for a BRRRR in Milwaukee

looking to build a team for a BRRRR in Milwaukee

Investor · Carol Stream, IL · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 2 votes

Hi, I'm a Chicagoland local looking to invest in Milwaukee. Looking for referrals for local lenders, property managers and GC in the area. Thanks in advance! 

2Reply
51 views

Most Popular Reply

Rebecca KnoxBusiness Member
Specialist · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
6y

Hi Hazel, I am extremely active in the Milwaukee market. For PMs, it will depend on the area that you are investing in.....sometimes with contractors too as many contractors will not go in high crime areas. What cities/zip codes/areas have you thought about investing in? What type of lender are you looking for---are you doing BRRRRs?  Please feel free to reach out if I can help. 

Captain Save-A-Home LLC
See this reply in the discussion

20 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2019 · 222 posts · 153 votes
    6y

    Hi Hazel! I am also in Chicago. I know a great lender here in Chicago but who is licensed in Wisconsin. I also have a top producing realtor friend up in Milwaukee. Happy to help if I can!

  • Shawn AckermanPro Member
    Real Estate Entrepreneur · Mid West, East Coast · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Hazel Aquino What sort of acquisitions are you looking to take down in Milwaukee? Are you wholesaling, buying and holding, flipping?

  • Rebecca KnoxBusiness Member
    Specialist · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    Hi Hazel, I am extremely active in the Milwaukee market. For PMs, it will depend on the area that you are investing in.....sometimes with contractors too as many contractors will not go in high crime areas. What cities/zip codes/areas have you thought about investing in? What type of lender are you looking for---are you doing BRRRRs?  Please feel free to reach out if I can help. 

    Captain Save-A-Home LLC
  • Investor · Carol Stream, IL · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Michael J Scanlon thank you! I'll reach out.

  • Investor · Carol Stream, IL · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Shawn Ackerman looking to do a buy and hold

  • Investor · Carol Stream, IL · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Rebecca Knox Looking to do a BRRRR in West Allis and near Marquette University area. As for lenders, looking for both hard money and conventional with a local credit union

  • Rebecca KnoxBusiness Member
    Specialist · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    Definitely check with @Matt Maurice. He's a PM with his office in West Allis. Also, try Christy Cooper Librizzi at Nimius. There are a ton of lenders for what you are doing. I will PM you. 

    Captain Save-A-Home LLC
  • Property Manager · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2014 · 113 posts · 144 votes
    6y

    Thanks for the shout out @Rebecca Knox

    Hazel - Happy to help however I can, feel free to reach out.

  • Daniel HymanBusiness Member
    CPA · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Matt Maurice and @Chaim Lampert are great choices for property management in the Milwaukee market.

    My Online Accountant572 Reviews
  • Shawn AckermanPro Member
    Real Estate Entrepreneur · Mid West, East Coast · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Hazel Aquino Great choices in area for buy and hold.  If I have something in those areas I will send your way.  All the best.

  • Brookfield, WI · Member since 2016 · 191 posts · 108 votes
    6y

    hi @Hazel Aquino the PM I use in Milwaukee is also an agent that focuses on the investor market.   They also can facilitate handymen/contractors. depending on how hands off you want to be. I've never used them for contractors, but they hold escrow for my properties to handle minor repairs, etc.  message me if you still need a PM and want the contact info.  

  • Real Estate Syndicator · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 907 votes
    6y

    Once the craziness dies down, I suggest coming up and attending some meetups.  Lots of good ones in the area with different specializations.  You will be able to connect with everyone you need for your team at those events.

    I've done a few deals with Tri City for financing in the past few months, they are good for commercial.

  • Investor · Milwaukee - Mequon, WI · Member since 2010 · 5k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    6y

    @Hazel Aquino you have a list of very active local investors here willing to assist and you can count me in as well. I know Chicago can be a frustrating market and many are looking to Milwaukee - the grass looks always greener on the other side. 

    However, as you know investing outside of your home market comes with a price. Everything you do is harder and costs more if you are not physically there. Yes you can hire someone to do it for you, but it will eat into your margins. In the end nobody cares about your money as much as you do. Of course there is a place for long distance investing - it depends on where you earn your income.

    The economic delta between Chicago and Milwaukee is not that steep as let's say San Francisco and Milwaukee. You have to weigh the economic benefit of the Milwaukee market against your higher cost of doing business and see if that makes sense for you. There is much to be said about the home field advantage - we have started consolidating our portfolio into a half hour radius years ago. Maybe it makes sense for you, but it's worth to think about it before you embark on this journey.

  • Jonathan KlemmBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Contractor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    @Hazel Aquino - Where are you looking in Milwaukee and at what price point?  Are you planning to self manage or hire a PM?

  • Investor · Carol Stream, IL · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    Thanks for the referrals @Rebecca Knox, @Matt Maurice, @Daniel Hyman!

  • Investor · Carol Stream, IL · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Brock Mogensen planning on it as soon as we get cleared be out and about again, thank you!

  • Investor · Carol Stream, IL · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Marcus Auerbach The distance is definitely a big consideration. My family and I spend enough time in Milwaukee that we figured its time to invest in a multi so we can have a place to stay when in town and also partially rent.   

  • Investor · Carol Stream, IL · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Jonathan Klemm looking around West Allis and near Marquette area. Planning to a hire a PM.

  • Investor · Milwaukee - Mequon, WI · Member since 2010 · 5k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Hazel Aquino:

    @Jonathan Klemm looking around West Allis and near Marquette area. Planning to a hire a PM.

    Start here: https://whmilwaukee.com/

  • Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @Rebecca Knox hey would you mind also PM me preferred local Milwaukee lenders for Hard Money as I am also getting started in RE investing.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.