Investing in Houston

Investing in Houston

Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 4 votes

I'm a New Member of the Bigger Pockets Family.   Hope to introduce myself.   I have multiple self funded projects in the past.   This is my first step into the investing community.   Hope to network, build a team and keep going!   

My background in technology (ssserv.com) provides marketing and branding experience for lead generation.  Moved to Houston from Kansas City at the end of 2019.  Purchased two properties one for rehab (current residence for two years) and a lot in Galveston for new construction.

Looking forward to working with you all!


Sincerely;

LeRoy Grubbs

3Reply
9 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Galveston, TX · Member since 2019 · 100 posts · 16 votes
6y

I know all the local contractors. My husband would be be happy to assist you with finding help. I am also a local Realtor. I am also a BOI. 

See this reply in the discussion

15 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Galveston, TX · Member since 2019 · 100 posts · 16 votes
    6y

    I know all the local contractors. My husband would be be happy to assist you with finding help. I am also a local Realtor. I am also a BOI. 

  • Wholesaler/ Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2014 · 491 posts · 113 votes
    6y

    @LeRoy Grubbs welcome to Houston. I’m a local investor & wholesaler. So what’s your plan going forward with the uncertainty? Are you actively buying?

  • Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    6y
    yes,  looking at deals.   building team networking.  
  • Mike D'ArrigoPro Member
    Turn key provider · San Jose, CA · Member since 2010 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    @LeRoy Grubbs I don't know the Houston market other than TX property taxes and insurance are steep. The one thing that I would be paying attention too is how the economy is being impacted by the low oil prices.

  • Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    6y
    In times of uncertainty, when all others are selling, buy real estate
  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2013 · 471 posts · 267 votes
    6y

    @LeRoy Grubbs I have a few properties for myself and manage small and large apartments for others in the Houston area. It's a great market, with a lot of different sub-markets offering different risk/reward profiles. Always open to chat if I can be of any help!

  • Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    Thank you Kevin!   Might you have time for coffee??   

  • Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    6y
    Thank you Christina Johnson, sent a connection request.   Would be great to work together.

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    6y

    @LeRoy Grubbs

    Welcome to the BP family! Great that you joined the site! Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users
    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing
    Check out BP Podcasts: https://www.biggerpockets.com/podcast

    If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

    Wishing you the best!

  • Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    6y
    Thank you @DmitrityFomichenko   Still can't get the Mention thing to work.

  • Sean YorkPro Member
    Developer · Houston, TX · Member since 2019 · 52 posts · 12 votes
    6y

    @Kevin Wood.  Fellow Aggie here.  What submarkets do you see opportunities?  I am looking into small multifamily investment and development of duplex/fourplex/townhomes.  

  • Real Estate Agent · Galveston, TX · Member since 2019 · 100 posts · 16 votes
    6y

    Awesome. I apologize about the delay. I have been under the weather. Let us know if you need anything 

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2013 · 471 posts · 267 votes
    6y

    @LeRoy Grubbs shoot me an email (address in my signature) and let's make it happen

  • Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    Thank you Kevin,  Looking forward to the next Meetup event!  I have questions if you have a moment.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.