New Member Introduction, North Carolina

8 Replies

Hi, I'm Mark Cool from Efland, NC, happy to be here!

I'm diving back in to real estate after a 7 year hiatus in which I built my Reclaimed Wood Art and Decor business, ivegotahammer, and it's offshoot, The Golf Artist.

I've been inspired by my son who has been crushing it wholesaling in our area, and we've decided to partner and do some flips together. I'm also learning the ins and outs of wholesaling.

My resume is that I had my own residential remodeling business in Durham, NC for 12 years, and I've bought and sold multiple properties in my life at a profit. One of those was officially a flip, where I had a few friends invest in a duplex and we fixed it up and sold it at a profit.

Many moons ago in Los Angeles, I had a real estate license and I also worked as a loan officer, helping people refinance during a refi boom when interest rates dropped.

It's been nice to have been away, I feel like I have a fresh perspective. It's really exciting to experience all of the resources available through BP. I've really enjoyed the podcast, and I'm starting to read through the forums and blogs.

I'm looking forward to learning from this community and hopefully I can help others with my experience as well.

Welcome!  Nice to see another North Carolinian via Illinois !

(I grew up in Chicago > Time in Iowa > 6 years in NC )

Maybe we get together and share some ideas once this all blows over.  We've got 2 STRs in the mountains of NC, but would love to do some LTR and maybe a flip. Currently looking at some properties with my son in High Point.

Best of luck!

Joe 

Welcome to BP.

Such a cool story that REI ended up the path for yourself and your son. looking forward to watching your family business take off.

Welcome back to the world of real estate! I'm investing in your area now (west of Chapel Hill, east of Greensboro). I've been looking to find a wholesaler in the Alamance/Orange/Chatham County areas and would love to talk with you and your son about possible deals when you get some. Cheers & Good Luck!

@Mark Cool

Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

This is a great place to learn and network. A lot of forum members are very knowledgeable in their respective fields related to real estate investing, whether that is real estate sales, wholesaling, flipping, rentals, lending, self-directed IRA and Solo 401k investing, or tax and legal guidance.

Discounts on some products and services are offered to BP members: https://www.biggerpockets.com/perks/pro

Use the Bigger Pockets glossary to learn more about real estate terms that may be new to you: https://www.biggerpockets.com/rei/glossary

Alerts can be really helpful too: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you