New Investor: Rockville, Maryland

New Investor: Rockville, Maryland

Rockville, MD · Member since 2013 · 36 posts · 4 votes

I am a young investor (just graduated college) interested in learning about REI. Currently reading as many books/forums as a I can to gain knowledge. I have already joined a meetup group formed on this site for REI in the DC/MD/VA area.

My interest is in buy and hold properties (rentals), but I like learning about other REI opportunities as well. Looking forward to getting to know some other investors from my area on this forum!

0Reply
12 views

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    Hey Sean Stewart welcome to BiggerPockets! Thanks for joining! This site is great for learning all sorts of things about real estate. It's easy to get overwhelmed, so I'll point you to a few of my favorite places to start, in case you haven't seen them yet:

    1.) Check out our "Start Here" page
    2.) Check out "The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing."

    Thanks for joining! Seeya around!

  • Rockville, MD · Member since 2013 · 36 posts · 4 votes
    13y

    Thanks Brandon! Ive got some reading to do.

  • Real Estate Agent · Milwaukee County, WI · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 525 votes
    13y

    Welcome

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    13y

    Welcome to the site, Sean!

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 82 posts · 7 votes
    13y

    Welcome! I'm new too and am also reading everything I get my hands on.

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    13y

    Welcome Sean Stewart there are a lot investors here from the DC /Baltimore area. I believe even a bunch of BPers here are trying to get together.

  • Jerry W.Pro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Thermopolis, WY · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    13y

    Sean, Welcome to BP. The advice and inspiration on BP is a great asset, I wish I had found it at your age. Browse through the forums, they are gold mines.

  • Rockville, MD · Member since 2013 · 36 posts · 4 votes
    13y

    Thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone! Ned Carey, if you are referring to the recent meetup group that was formed in a thread on BP, I am planning on attending the first meeting! Hope to see you there, I have learned a lot from reading your blog.

  • Silver Spring, MD · Member since 2013 · 42 posts · 5 votes
    13y

    Hey Sean,

    I just joined BP as well and I noticed we are both recent grads and looking to get started in RE and also you are not very far from Silver Spring. Good luck and maybe we can work together in the future.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.